• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For all in Law enforment

lmno1

Random question, curious and thought I'd pick the brain of fellow cigarpass peeps. Some of you guys know, I work for a home show on HGTV. We've realized that a few of the cool houses we've featured were built by firefighters or police officers. Question is, where in the heck do these people go, or what do they read where I could post or write an article about the show? have any of you guys ever heard of an internal or external newspaper, websites, fliers, etc that police officer or firefirghters frequent?

For example, I'm wondering if Dallas has a "firefighter's union times" or something of that nature.

Granted, this is a private place, and I don't want to "out" any law enforcment officials, who knows, maybe talked about getting hammered at the bar when you were supposed to be "working late." If so, just say "a friend of a friend knows..."

Ultimately, I'm tapping into the cigarpass community and asking "what can this researcher do to get to the FD's and PD's so I can ask them if they've built really cool rooms in their house.

Thanks!

Random question, curious and thought I'd pick the brain of fellow cigarpass peeps. Some of you guys know, I work for a home show on HGTV. We've realized that a few of the cool houses we've featured were built by firefighters or police officers. Question is, where in the heck do these people go, or what do they read where I could post or write an article about the show? have any of you guys ever heard of an internal or external newspaper, websites, fliers, etc that police officer or firefirghters frequent?

For example, I'm wondering if Dallas has a "firefighter's union times" or something of that nature.

Granted, this is a private place, and I don't want to "out" any law enforcment officials, who knows, maybe talked about getting hammered at the bar when you were supposed to be "working late." If so, just say "a friend of a friend knows..."

Ultimately, I'm tapping into the cigarpass community and asking "what can this researcher do to get to the FD's and PD's so I can ask them if they've built really cool rooms in their house.

Thanks!

Contact your local and state PD's.

Your fishing here is bothersome.

<edit - your>

Your show can come and do my rec room and feature it and show how cool it is. Would also like my backyard done, any offer to do this would get you some info.

Seriously? Bothersome? Get off your high horse, I'm just looking for some help. And serioulsly, I'm not advertising for the show, so stop asking me to "do your backyard" in exchange for information. If you want to help, help, otherwise, go pick on someone else. Jeez! I'm just a researcher peon doing my job.

Jeez Grateful1, a few posts ago, you were all sugar and spice, lets be friends, and now I've become "bothersome." Sorry I asked.

Seriously? Bothersome? Get off your high horse, I'm just looking for some help. And serioulsly, I'm not advertising for the show, so stop asking me to "do your backyard" in exchange for information. If you want to help, help, otherwise, go pick on someone else. Jeez! I'm just a researcher peon doing my job.

Jeez Grateful1, a few posts ago, you were all sugar and spice, lets be friends, and now I've become "bothersome." Sorry I asked.

I did offer you help. I also gave my view on this post.

I know in NYC that there are internal newsletters and papers and the such. I found that word of mouth and the community bulletin board at police stations does a lot. I hope this helps.

Try local Fraternal Order of Police lodges. Please make sure you take some identification with you and hopefully someone will entertain your questions. Most cop BB's are restricted to L.E.'s only. Sorry!

Floyd T. :thumbs:

Stop walking behind my high horse and picking up its droppings. :love: You come off with an attitude just because somebody asks something from you as a joke. Take a few breaths and calm down. If your job is this stressful maybe a career change is in order. Go and PEE ON somebody else, because this toilet is full. JEEZ!, as you stated it. :D Maybe go have a cigar.

When I try to do my job and people don't like it, they shoot at me. None of that is going on here, so get off your donkey. Also if you want help spell our career properly in your title, its spelled ENFORCEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Giddy up horsey :laugh:

Also maybe they are secret for a reason Why don't you go and look at lawers, doctors and other rich people's houses. Police and Firefighters salaries are 1% of others. I'm sure there must be home builder showcases where you are at. Jump on your horse find one. I guess I am oil and water, sugar and spice is taken. :(