• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For Moki...

PetersCreek

Codger-in-training
While we Alaskans were recently herfing it up with him at our B&M, the subject of Moki's impending entry into the Fellowship of Fatherhood came up. He explained that he had it all figured out, about he and his wife were going to divide baby duties based on their schedules. After a mild fit of laughter, I explained that there would be only one schedule: the baby's schedule. :laugh: During the conversation, I promised Moki a baby story and here it is, a true tale: the poop snake story.

Over on the other forum dedicated to the discussion of dogs, we'd somehow gotten into a discussion about poop. That's not necessarily a bad thing, of course, with it being a board about dogs. Dog lovers can be an odd lot and worry about such things with the best of intentions. How, exactly, it strayed so far from the defecatory habits of our dogs, however, I'm not quite sure. Suffice it to say that things went terribly, terribly wrong for it to lead up to the story I was prompted to tell then and am about share again with you now.

Disclaimer: The author strongly recommends that consumption of beverages be suspended during the reading of this missive due to reports that they may be inadvertantly spilled, inhaled, spewed, or propelled through the nostrils at dangerous velocities. The author accepts no liability for damages resulting from the spilling or spraying of said beverages onto computer monitors, keyboards, walls, yourself, other people, or your cigar(s); or resulting from involuntary loss of bladder control. You have been warned.

Pineville, Lousiana, ca. 1979. My daughter was just a few months old when she had an upset tummy. Not the runs mind you, but real soft and real often. My wife at the time--an ex twice over now--had an aversion to the really aromatic diapers, so it fell to me to do the doody duty. Now, these were the days when money was tight, so we were using good old-fashioned cloth diapers. You know, the kind the young folks look at in the Older-Than-Dirt Parents Museum. Every diaper change meant just one more diaper to wash.

There I was, in the middle of changing what seemed like the umpteenth diaper of the day. We didn't have a changing table, just a changing pad to use in her crib. The drill was: drop the crib rail, grab two feet and lift the little butt, slide the pad under, put the little butt back down, unpin the diaper, lift the little butt, clean the little butt, powder the little butt, slide new diaper under, put the little butt back down, and pin. (Optional: raise hands in air, get score from judges)

Well, this time, just as I put the new diaper under, my precious little girl gave a grunt and out came the poop...right at me. That's when everything started moving in slow motion. It was one continuous poop snake--the longest I'd ever seen--and gold--describing a perfect ballistic parabola through the air. It was magnificent. One part of my brain was thinking, "This is really cool!" Another part, in a high-pitched, sissy voice was squealing, "Don't get it on me! Don't get it on me! Dontgetitonmeeeeeeee!" Yet another voice warned, "You know, if you drop the baby's butt in that, you'll just have a bigger mess to clean."

So here I am, with the baby's feet in one hand, trying to keep her butt in the air without dangling her upside down, while attempting to dance out of the way of this flying poop snake. Up, up, and over the crib rail it goes, where it runs out of steam and collapses in a long rope-like mess. On the diaper. On the changing pad. On the crib mattress. On the crib rail. On the floor.

What does my poor little girl do? She laughs. Not the little "hehe" of mild amusement. Not the demure giggle of a cute little girl. It was that gurgly, squealing, exhultant laugh of sheer delight. It was a baby guffaw. An infant "LMAO." That's okay, though. In a strange way, I was proud of her. I mean, how many dads can say their kid pooped a snake?

Awesome story. Luckily or not (depending on point of view) neither of my boys have tried to attack me with a poop snake.

That was friggin hysterical....and I bet she was laughing and happy because her little belly felt so much better....and of course..she pooped all over her daddy..

Too funny! :thumbs:

It reminds me of the time my little girl now 15 months old pee pee'd while my wife was changing her and my wife ran away in fright. I was rolling on the floor I was laughing so hard.

This reminds me of a story from when my youngest was just a couple weeks old. It was my turn to change the diaper, so I took him back to his changing table, and got everything ready. Now, he's still on breastmilk, so nothing is firming up yet, it's a fluid, you see. I get the diaper off, I've wiped up the cheeks'n'crevice. Just as I lift him up, he sharts. Poop flies everywhere. On the wall, on the window, on the changing table, ALL OVER my arm, on the lamp.

As we were moving out of that house, when I moved the changing table away, I found yet more evidence of the events.

I have seen a few poop eels in the tub but never a snake. For some reason when my daughter was younger she never had to go until she got in the tub.

I feel ya on this.

4:15AM on CP..... Had to get up just about an hour ago and take care of the baby. My 7 month old son is sick as a dog right now with double ear infections, second ones in three weeks.

Strategy.....I wish....Sleep all you can when you can. Other than that, it is worth it 100%. Wouldn't change it for the world.

Good luck

Chris

I have seen a few poop eels in the tub but never a snake. For some reason when my daughter was younger she never had to go until she got in the tub.

I'm sitting on the front porch and hear my wife scream a few minutes ago and what do you know my baby girl produced her first bathtub poopy! :thumbs:

I'm so proud of her. :love:

When I was teaching my oldest son to pee like a man, standing up, he assumed you crapped that way also. When I asked what he did he replyied, "I went potty like you do". Luckily, he only did it once.

That was a wonderfully funny and well written piece of history. Thanks for a very good chuckle.

If I may, and I hope this isn't a technical thread jack, I'd like to further add to this.

One day my little boy was playing with his Play Doh. We are both sitting on the couch.
He gets a stinker, and momma comes and changes his diaper.
Dan is left to clean up the Play Doh.
I repacked all the random pieces of Play Doh. A job well done.
A little while later, I shift position on the couch, and a ball of play doh rolls into my leg.
The little guy had been mixing all his colors together, and I thought that this ball of Play Doh was one of those
until I squeezed it, releasing the odor....Yes, it was poop! And I had just reformed it in my bare hands!

Another time, we are in Target, and I could smell the little guys diaper from three aisles away!
We didn't have any clean diapers, as this was supposed to be a quick run to get some baby item.
This was one rank smelling diaper, so I asked the wife to get him to the car, and I'd pay for the item.
We drove home with the windows open, eyes tearing, etc.
Upon removing the diaper, we found one little, tiny, nugget of poop.
Affectionately now called THE TOXIC NUGGET. :cool:

Wasn't that an old ZZ Top song....

Poop Snake Boogie??

LMAO!!

:laugh:

I've witnessed this first hand, but it wasn't to the extent of PCs story.