• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For the humidor builders,or about to be's

AKmik

Hello Gents,

I have been searching high and low, reading everything I can possibly find on cooled humidors,wine chillers and all the associated bits and pieces. I figured I would share some links incase anyone is about to jump into a project like I am.

I am about to build a cooled humidor to deal with this hot sticky place. Due to the $$ it will definitely be a wine chiller converted, frigidor.

Here are my suppliers of choice for the project.

Avanti

Fans and connections to add some circulation.

Fans n such

The best price for the cedar I could come up with.

http://www.internetlumber.com/lumber-produ...r-Lining-4-sqft

Temp controll

Temp controll

Also the idea for mine, I found a web page that has exactly what I am looking to build. Not planning on buying a set up cooler, but this pic on the top of his page is sweet. I will make a couple singles drawers for mine. Hopefully two and enough space for a dozen boxes and I'll be set. It is a small cabinet but perfect for my needs, and I love to tinker so it will be a fun project.

Idea

Also a great thread by someone who built one right along the lines of what I want, some good info here as well.

Good info

Hopefully this will help some of you out who are looking to build or customize your existing storage set up. I also bought some beads from Heartfelt, excellent customer service and FAST delivery. Just the way I like it. I have a pound of 65% beads and one of his adjustable digital hydrometers for right now, I will see if this is enough to keep it stable once the cedar lining has soaked up some humidity and the cooler is full.

I will post some in progress pics as soon as my cooler gets here and I get started.

see ya

Mike

I am in the process of doing the same thing but I am going to use the Haire beverage chiller
HBCNO5EBB it is 169.99 at Circit city online only check it out it has 4.6 cubic feet the
thermostat is low med high it might be easier to get to 65 deg.some wine chillers do not get that high

That really is agood price for the lumber. I buy it wholesale locally, but after I add the milling charges for resawing and surface sanding the raw lumber into 1/4" slices, my wholesale price for larger quantities is less than $1.00 cheaper. You do have to count shipping into the mix, but I don't think the prices can be beat anywhere else.

An update.

My Spanish cedar arrived today. I ordered 29sqft , it is a good deal. I got a %$#@ing bundle!!! well over 36sqft. An outstanding deal!! I will have enough to build a bunch of singles drawers. I was planning on two but who knows now.

A highly reccomended source for sure, and it is thick, sold as 1/4" but is more like 3/8". I will have to plane it a touch to keep it down around 1/4" don't want to take up too much stogy room.