• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For those of you with wine coolers

rehrlich

Banned
Do you ever unplug them during the winter and still use them as humidors? Since I only use mine to the little guys cool I probably will not need it in the winter. I could keep them in the wine cooler during the winter or i could move them to someone of my conventional humidors.

Thanks

I plan on leaving them in and pluged in for two reasons.

1. My collection has grown too large to go back into my conventional humidor.

2. Sometimes during the winter, cooler months for those B/SOTL that live where it actually does get cold :rolleyes: , my wife will crank up the heater and I want my cigars to remain cool.

The wine cooler has a reasonable seal so the humidity holds fairly steady. I have several cedar singles trays and boxes in it to act as an RH buffer. Plus the pound of beads from Heartfelt do their job very well. Why unplug the cooler or move the cigars?

Just my .02 cents.

Thanks
maybe I will leave it plugged in and if it is cold enough in the room, the cooler will not come on anyway.

Mine is always unplugged. It seals better than any cooler or humidor I've ever had and it looks good, too. It also insulates from temp swings pretty well.

As long as the drain hole (if there is one) is plugged, it should hold humidity just fine. I really don't see any reason why it would need to be plugged in as long as the temperature is to your liking.

Mine is always unplugged. It seals better than any cooler or humidor I've ever had and it looks good, too. It also insulates from temp swings pretty well.

As long as the drain hole (if there is one) is plugged, it should hold humidity just fine. I really don't see any reason why it would need to be plugged in as long as the temperature is to your liking.

Thanks, That sounds better. I am trying to save a little on the electric bill and a little wear and tear on the units.
I am using two 16 ct coolers. Right now our house is in the low 70s. In a week or so I am sure I will be able to unplug it.

Same thing I do. Havnt even had to add to he beads for months now. Best purchase I ever made.

Wine coolers use very little electricity. If the temp in the winter is below the setting of the wine cooler, it will not kick on anyway. I leave mine plugged in year round.