• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ForbiddenX Platinum Edition Differences?

Just smoked a double red band Forbidden X from a Journey to Chateau de la Fuente set but it didn't seem to have the same flavor as a Platinum banded version from the Platinum set that I had a while ago. The red banded version seemed to be very similar to a regular OpusX blend. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a similarity or difference between the two sticks (which are supposed to be the same blend)?

Side by side, the two wrappers look different, but I'm not convinced that's enough to be definitive. The Platinum stick wrapper is much smoother with a greyish hue whereas the red band stick is bumpy and veinier with a reddish hue (similar to all OpusX I have ever seen).

I could just be mistaken about the flavors or maybe the cedar in the Platinum stick could be the cause...just wanted to hear other experiences.

Aren't the black banded opus older than the "2005"? The black banded opus has to be in my top 5 favs. great cigar IMHO :thumbs:

Back