• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Found a couple of new cigars today

fetterjohn

Non-active but active and lurking!
So I walk into one of my fovorite cigar shops today and find a couple of new smokes that were highly recommended by the humidor manager (58 years in the liquer / tobacco industry). He knows my love for Tatuaje and I started talking to him about the death of Pete Johnson's creation [which according to him (he spoke to Pete) may happen (just the name, though)]. So he looked at me and pointed out one cigar...the Fonseco Cubano Limitado. He says that his is rolled in the DR from all Nicaraguan tobacco. He thinks they are very close in flavor and strength to the Tauaje line...so he handed one of them to me (FOR FREE :thumbs: ) to see what I think. (He thinks I am too young to have such "refined" palette for a cigar smoker (Thanks Cigar Pass!!! ;) ), but he likes to hear my opinion. Then we get on the topic of favoite vitolas and I say I love lanceros. He asked me "Don't you think they burn too hot?" ANd I replied that the lancero is the connoisseur's cigar (he again ribbed me about my age (32). I told him that you need to smoke them slowly and they reward you with such great depth of what a blend can really do. So he walked me into the humidor and showed me Joya de Nicaragua Antano lancero...new, 2 days ago. This a beautifully made, thin cigar with a great twist cap and smooth yet slightly veiny wrapper. The sniff at the foot exudes strength. Watch out boys! So he hands me one of them (also FREE) and tells me to give him my review when I get to it! I love this shop!

Moral of the story...there are great B&M's out there...and JdN has a new lancero! I am very anxious to put light to this cigar... I will post a review when I get to igniting it!!! :thumbs:

-Fetter

Good stuff Fetter, nice to have a shop around like that.

Smokem and show him that you know your stuff!!

The J&N Antanio Lancero has been in my B$M for about a month. I bought a 5er for the hell of it @ $4.75 a stick. I've smoked two. For an Antanio it's quite mild but flavorful. I'm not a big fan of Lanceros. They simply don't project my crusty old salt image :sign:

Doc.

Hi folks, thought I would try to pass the word. Found the JdN Lancero boxes in stock at the following location. Just ordered a box and hope to be able to write a review shortly after they arrive. I am a newbie to this forum but have really enjoyed reading everyone's insite and experiences. I hope to be able to add to this as my experience grows.

JdN Lancero

Hi folks, thought I would try to pass the word. Found the JdN Lancero boxes in stock at the following location. Just ordered a box and hope to be able to write a review shortly after they arrive. I am a newbie to this forum but have really enjoyed reading everyone's insite and experiences. I hope to be able to add to this as my experience grows.

JdN Lancero

Good cigars!

Welcome to Cigar Pass, please fill out your profile if you haven't already and say hi in the welcome forum!

The fonseca Cubano Limitida is very tasty, full body cigar that has lots of balance. The small belicoso is my favorite.