• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Found a pipe at the flea market

JHolmes763

Drinkin' the koolaid
Spent the morning and afternoon at a large flea market about an hour away from here. 6km of booths, so it's one of the largest and they only do it once a year. Lots of "junk" to look at. I picked up a couple of new beer glasses, a whetstone and some paper beer coasters of various brands. I figure they'll make a good art project sometimes.

Anyway... I was on the lookout for pipes while I was browsing around. I'm looking to start pipes again. I didn't recognize most of what I saw, but this Peterson jumped out at me as a known name, at least. Bottom says it's a Donegal Rocky XL90. I like how it feels and how large of a bowl there is. It was only 10 euro, so I figured I couldn't go wrong.

I'll be looking around for any advice on how to safely/correctly clean it up a bit and then I'll be looking to order some tobacco. Looking forward to giving it a try. Well, hoping you guys won't be telling me this is a ruined/junk pipe, though, first.

Here are some pictures.

gallery_3866_1770_1162796.jpg

gallery_3866_1770_166268.jpg

gallery_3866_1770_797590.jpg

First I'm impressed the flatlander spelled whetstone correctly. Second, get some isopropyl or ethyl alcohol, the strongest you can find, or even better, some 151 rum to clean your new pipe, which should be a good one.

Doc