• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Four Roses Mariage Collection

IanHummel

Just picked up a bottle of this. I may get into it tonight with a strong cigar.

four-roses-mariage-collection.jpg

http://www.drinkhacker.com/wp-content/uplo...-collection.jpg
Ahhh now here’s something special.

I’m on record as being a big fan of Four Roses bourbon already. Now the distillery is launching a limited-edition blended bourbon, at cask strength, no less: A heady 112.4 proof (though my barrel sample was “just” 111.4 proof), which will burn off your eyebrows if you’re not careful.

Yeah, you need a splash of water, but less than you’d think. Four Roses Mariage 2008 (the name is from the French for marriage, which was the spawn of the Four Roses brand to begin with) is a blend of two single-barrel expressions at 4R. One is a rich 13-year-old, one is a spicy 10-year-old. If all goes well, it’s the first edition of many to come: Each year the company will unleash a new blend with a different composition. This year, 3,500 bottles are being released (though it’s not quite yet on the market).

As for this Mariage, it’s truly awesome, a smooth, dark, honey-flavored bourbon that is classic in style but reminiscent in some ways of a good Irish whiskey, with banana and bubble gum notes easily identifiable. It’s peppery on the nose, but that spice doesn’t really spill over into the whiskey — very intriguing. Strongly sweet, it’s incredibly easy to drink, and it goes down almost too easy.

I’m already looking forward to the 2009 edition.

Congrats!

Been eyeing this myself as well as the 120yr.

That thing is beautiful.

Enjoy

Chris

Hell yeah.

The place I was going to get the 120th from is out now. Dammit man. They do still have the Mariage. :)

I am very interested in what you find between these two.

Keep us posted and ENJOY

Chris

That looks great! Did you have to go to KY to get it?

Thanks, I have "people" who live in Louisville, so I shall get them on it right away!

God damn you!

I'll be stopping through my hometown (across the river from Louisville) in a few weeks....

....And NOOOOWWW I have to stop in Louisville and buy the latest bottle of deliciousness from Four Roses! :sign: :laugh:

Just so everyone knows, I just got an e-mail from Shoppers Vineyard, they have it in stock.

Got that also. Sent Eric @ the party source or whatever it is an email about this stuff and never heard back from him. Ahh oh well Shoppers Vineyard it is.

Mine is on it's way up from Louisville with my "people". Is about $75 per about right?

I think Shoppers Vineyard had it for about $60.00, but I don't know what the shipping was costing.
Chris

Nice review my friend.

I will be anxious to hear what cigar you pair the bottle.

Maybe on Oliva :laugh:

It would be a good choice.

Just picked up a bottle of this. I may get into it tonight with a strong cigar.

four-roses-mariage-collection.jpg

http://www.drinkhacker.com/wp-content/uplo...-collection.jpg
Ahhh now here’s something special.

I’m on record as being a big fan of Four Roses bourbon already. Now the distillery is launching a limited-edition blended bourbon, at cask strength, no less: A heady 112.4 proof (though my barrel sample was “just” 111.4 proof), which will burn off your eyebrows if you’re not careful.

Yeah, you need a splash of water, but less than you’d think. Four Roses Mariage 2008 (the name is from the French for marriage, which was the spawn of the Four Roses brand to begin with) is a blend of two single-barrel expressions at 4R. One is a rich 13-year-old, one is a spicy 10-year-old. If all goes well, it’s the first edition of many to come: Each year the company will unleash a new blend with a different composition. This year, 3,500 bottles are being released (though it’s not quite yet on the market).

As for this Mariage, it’s truly awesome, a smooth, dark, honey-flavored bourbon that is classic in style but reminiscent in some ways of a good Irish whiskey, with banana and bubble gum notes easily identifiable. It’s peppery on the nose, but that spice doesn’t really spill over into the whiskey — very intriguing. Strongly sweet, it’s incredibly easy to drink, and it goes down almost too easy.

I’m already looking forward to the 2009 edition.

Don't say blend or blended around Jim Rutledge or any of the Four Roses people. It is mingled, not blended. I heard Jim give a little speech about it before it hit the market and Abby and I both noticed he stayed as far away from the word 'blend" as possible.

I tried to place an order and the site says they wont deliver to MD. I'll be giving them a call tomm. I hope they do indeed ship here that stuff sure sounds good.

Damon

I was fortunate enough to have a buddy bring me a bottle of the Marriage a few weeks ago and we both sat around saying, wow this is not the Single Barrel Profile but it is unique. I get a floral note at entry reminiscent of rose petals which i found odd but not in a bad way.

I shared it with a group of friends and found some loved it and others were it's good but not for $60.

Enjoy!

Tony

Just wondering if maybe someone that lives close to the Shoppers Vineyard might swing by and pick me up two bottles. I would of course pay cash or if your wish send payment with a fine selection of smokes!! If anyones game let me know since they wont ship to MD.

Thanks,

Damon

Hey - I just saw a bottle of this (the 2008 edition) at the Patomic Wine & Spirits in Wash DC for close to $140 - is it really worth it?!?!?

-Frank

The 2008 bottle I had which I sadly finished was around $80 and that's in an expensive liquor store here in NY. I think $140 is quite high but I'll let those more in the know chime in.

I agree... seems insanely high - Can't see how the price could nearly double in just a year - probably why there were like 7 bottles left on their shelf.

-Frank

edit: wording