• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Frankfurt Airport duty free shop

acmech13

I'm visiting the in-laws in Poland at the moment. On my layover at the Frankfurt airport, I stumbled into Cuban cigars at the duty-free shop. Do I need to worry that these are fakes? What should I consider sampling? I am considering Montecristo Edmundo, #3, or #4. I was planning on picking up some smokes on the way home. I am abstaining from smoking on this vacation. If for not for seeing the Cubans I wouldn't even care to buy smokes on my vacation.

Last edited:
Get the #3's. A nice regular corona. But I don't think you can get them at the duty-free in Frankfurt if your flight is to the US directly from Frankfurt. If you go to Poland or someplace else in between then I think it's OK. At least that's the way it was when I traveled to Europe a lot.

Get the #3's. A nice regular corona. But I don't think you can get them at the duty-free in Frankfurt if your flight is to the US directly from Frankfurt. If you go to Poland or someplace else in between then I think it's OK. At least that's the way it was when I traveled to Europe a lot.

Enjoy a No3.

I will be leaving Poland from Gdansk airport and my layover is in Frankfurt. Then back to Newark NJ. I do like #3 white and Dominican from MonteCristo. The #2's are good. Hopefully I can still buy them or else I will just have to wait till next year and enjoy all the tasty cigars I can get in the states. I might even be able to find some in Poland just don't know how to spot a fake since I haven't ever bought a Cuban.

Thanks, I should look to see if something is closer to Gdansk or Marlbok, Poland. Warsaw is only three and a half hours away with no traffic. Yet that is on my wife's list of cities to take me to. I just don't know if we have enough time this trip but I would definitely enjoy stopping at La Casa del Habano cigar lounge.

As tempting as buying Cubans is on the return flight, it may just be easier buy and ship them directly to your home. Keep in mind they enter your flight info when you pay for goods at the duty free shop.

One travel tip - install and use the new Immigration & Border Control app if your US airport is part of the new system. We used it a few weeks ago at Dulles and it allowed us to cut in front of all of the people needing to use the computers. It easily saved us 45 minutes.