• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Free Armai jacket scam.

Captain Leafheart

Aroused member (still)
A few weeks ago while walking in midtown Manhattan one evening, a couple of fellows with heavy Italian accents in a parked late model SUV ask me for directions to the Lincoln Tunnel. After giving them directions, the driver engages me in small talk and gives me a story that they are heading back to Italy from a trade show at the Javitts Convention Center and don't want to bring back some items that they'll have to pay taxes on, so they'll give them to me for FREE!
He proceeds to show me a short black leather jacket that retails for
"$1400.00" which he'll give to me FREE!
He then displays a 3/4 length black leather jacket that retails for "$1700.00" which he'll give to me FREE!
Lastly comes a brown suede jacket that retails for "$800.00" He asks what will I give him for that jacket alone and he'll throw in the other 2 jackets "for FREE!"
I offer him the $60.00 or so dollars that I have on me and when he declines to accept that and I decline to go to an ATM to get any more money...he just drives off.

Last night, while walking in midtown Manhattan a block or so from the last encounter, a fellow in a parked late model SUV asks me "Parle Italiano?"...
I say "No". He asks me for directions to the Queensborough Bridge.
I didn't make the connection immediately.
I give him directions and he starts to engage me in small talk and asks me "Are you a businessman?" :whistling:
I respond..."Why? Do you have some Armani jackets you want to give to me for free?" :rolleyes:
He then cursed me out in Italian (THAT much Italian I understood!) and drove away. :laugh:

How lucky am I to have been offered this amazing deal twice in one month?!

Damn. And I was walking around near the bridge last night, too. Could have used some free jackets. :laugh:

I had someone approach me about 2 years ago with the same deal. Here's the scam. They're NOT armani jackets and they're NOT leather or suede. It looks and feels like leather, but it's not. Also, they apply something to the jacket which makes it smell like leather. It's not. I should know. I bought 2 of them. They're nice and all, but not leather and DEFINITELY not armani. I was told they were going back to Italy and can't take back what they brought for the trade show. Otherwise, they'd have to pay taxes on them.