• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Friend Going To Bahamas:What Should He Get For Me?

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
I have a client at work who is going to the Bahamas. He has agreed to pick up some ISOMs for me while there. I have virtually no knowledge of what to instruct him to get nor how much it will cost in American dollars. My concern is that he will unknowingly buy counterfeits and then I will be stuck with dog rockets. I love trying new cigars (who doesn't?) but I don't want to lose $100!

Suggestions?

He will buy counterfiets...no question about it. If he isn't and isom smoker who follows the box codes and everything else...chances are...actually chances are for sure...he will get ripped off and in turn you will. Don't waste the money...unless someone here knows a specific location down there were they can be aquired safely. :)

Having traveled the Carribean, first off I have to say this. The Bahama's is not the place to buy cigars. Way over priced. OTOH I haven't seen anyone in my times there try to peddle counterfeits. I have seen fake Cohiba's and Montechristo's everywhere but the Bahama's. Otherwise you probably won't have to worry much about it. Some of the price comes from high taxes there, the rest comes from the fact rich Americans visit all the time.

Emo

La Casa Del Habanos
Located in the grounds of Graycliff Hotel
PO Box N-10248
Nassau,New Providence
The Bahamas
Tel (242) 322-2796 Fax (242) 326-6110

Don't have any additional info as to pricing and such. Make sure he only shops at an authorized store.

Hard to go wrong with Monte's or Cohiba's!

I would think you could get just as good of a deal ordering thru the internet and have the ability to order what you want. Just my 2 cents.....

Allofus123 said:
I would think you could get just as good of a deal ordering thru the internet and have the ability to order what you want. Just my 2 cents.....
I wondered about that. I am betting you are probably right...

When you get them send a few our way. We at CP will test your ISOMs free of charge and let you know if they are real.

The tax on tobacco products in the Bahamas is something like 200% or more. The prices will be over the top and the chance he will buy legitimate blend Havanas is slim. If you are a drinker, there are a lot of really nice rums that can be picked up in the Bahamas. Or he could get you one of those t-shirts, "My friend went to the Caribbean, and all I got was this fancy t-shirt." LMAO

Matt R said:
Or he could get you one of those t-shirts, "My friend went to the Caribbean, and all I got was this fancy t-shirt." LMAO
In my travels, or lack therof, I have seen this shirt. However, it seems the saying was something like this:

"My friend went to the Caribbean, and all I got was this f***ing shirt."

Maybe I am just seeing the "Gutter" Shirts? :D :sneaky:

McPatricks buddy, "hey I got that Rum you wanted! Captain Morgan the locales say its great"

Just have him bring you back one of those cute, dark skinned island girls. That would be the ticket. :p