• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Frigidor

fllbrent

Hurricane Magnet
I was hoping someone might help me find information, or pass on their experience with building a frigidor. I was thinking of using a “dorm room” size refrigerator & climax beads.

Here are my concerns:
1. How do I accurately control the interior temperature?
2. Is mold an issue?
3. Is there anything else I should know?

Any help would be appreciated. ;)
Thanks,
Brent

Goto the Cedar Room at CW. Here

You have to sign up to view it, but everything you ever wanted to know about cigar storage can be found there.

:D

Great advice by SD_Stack! As to the dorm type fridge... I'm not sure how well it would work as I've never seen nor heard of anyone using this type of fridge for cigars. The most commonly used ones are the Wine fridges that control both temp and RH. Good luck with you project and I hope it turns out great!

Aloha,

Wade

Hey thanks for the link SD. checking it out now.

Man, I think Home Depot had a scratch & dent wine cooler for a little over $100. Didn't know they controled RH. thanks wade

Brent

Hey fllbrent, I currently use a dorm fridge as my humi. But I removed the hardware and use just the box. Lined it w/ broken down cigar boxes and use a cigar oasis for humidification. I don't have to worry to much about the heat though, but when it does get to hot I put the humi in an air condidtioned room. You can see pictures of it HERE

Hope this helps,

Nick

Nick,

that's what I was think of doing, but my concern about this plan was the temp. Are you able to keep yours close to 70↑ with the factory T-Stat?

I removed all the internal parts of the fridge to make more room for cigars :D

So I don't have a temp control unit in there anymore.

Nick

nicko99 said:
Hey fllbrent, I currently use a dorm fridge as my humi. But I removed the hardware and use just the box. Lined it w/ broken down cigar boxes and use a cigar oasis for humidification. I don't have to worry to much about the heat though, but when it does get to hot I put the humi in an air condidtioned room. You can see pictures of it HERE

Hope this helps,

Nick
Nice pictures Nick! I like seeing what other people do with our obsession. Makes me feel like I'm not the only nut out there :p I especially love the graphic on the frigidor. How did you do that?

I copied the logo from a Cigar Afficianado Mag. and blew it up on a copier. Pasted it to a thin peice of plywood and cut it out on a scroll saw. Shot it w/ paint and a clear coat. And done!

Back