• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

From Aruba to You!

Turk10mm

Just smokin
Well, here I sit on my patio overlooking the carribean. The beach is 30 feet away, I'm smoking a Siglo III, and its partly cloudy about 83 degrees. The surf is blue, the bikins are small, the cigars are delicious, and the drinks are strong.

I just wanted to offer, Wish you were here's from Turk. I'll post pictures up after my return, including the one of me typing this post on my balcony.

The ISOM's are outrageously priced at the legitimate locations, so luckily I brought plenty of my own. however, I plan on smoking one at Casa Del Habano in the next day or two, just so that I can say I did; along with a cup of cuban coffee.

Until next time, when I can upload some photos; Ya'll have a good week now, from a Texan in Aruba!

Man oh man, this is a place that has been on my list for sometime now!! You have peeked my interest yet again!! Thanks a lot. :angry:

Jim

Smoke a bunch and enjoy! and forget the picture of you, we want the small bikinis.

Ken

Jim, I'll be honest. I've been places that are better. I like Aruba, but the people here aren't as friendly as other places. I don't know if its the European influence, or the NorEasterners, but its just not as friendly as Playa Del Carmen, Costa Rica, etc.

It appears that the folks here warm up to you after you've been here a couple days, but us Texans are used to a smile, a hello, and just plain friendly attitudes.

From my experience so far, its about 50/50. 50% want to be your best friend, the other 50% don't even act like you exist until after you've tipped. When I'm on vacation, I'm very gracious, always happy, and very willing to tip. But I don't think my tip should be required to buy a smile. My smile alone should be enough.

The yanks here swear by it, though. Seems like its about 50% european, 50% North East Coast, lots of bostonians and NY'ers.

I think other places i go are more used to Southerners. I'm not bashing anyone, but I think Southerners in general are more friendly to strangers, so I think it rubs off.

Smoke a bunch and enjoy! and forget the picture of you, we want the small bikinis.

Ken

Ken

haha.. you are going to have to settle on pics of me and/or my wife. This is my honeymoon, and I shan't risk a divorce over some pictures for my cigar brethren!! ;)

Tony

Jim, I'll be honest. I've been places that are better. I like Aruba, but the people here aren't as friendly as other places. I don't know if its the European influence, or the NorEasterners, but its just not as friendly as Playa Del Carmen, Costa Rica, etc.

It appears that the folks here warm up to you after you've been here a couple days, but us Texans are used to a smile, a hello, and just plain friendly attitudes.

From my experience so far, its about 50/50. 50% want to be your best friend, the other 50% don't even act like you exist until after you've tipped. When I'm on vacation, I'm very gracious, always happy, and very willing to tip. But I don't think my tip should be required to buy a smile. My smile alone should be enough.

The yanks here swear by it, though. Seems like its about 50% european, 50% North East Coast, lots of bostonians and NY'ers.

I think other places i go are more used to Southerners. I'm not bashing anyone, but I think Southerners in general are more friendly to strangers, so I think it rubs off.

Ken

Ken

haha.. you are going to have to settle on pics of me and/or my wife. This is my honeymoon, and I shan't risk a divorce over some pictures for my cigar brethren!! ;)

Tony

Tony,

This is good info!! I have been to Costa Rica and the people there where awesome!! So I may just have to return there for vacation, the family type this time of course because I am not single anymore like I was then :whistling:.

Jim

Nice vacation Turk! I'm anxious to see some pics when you return. Are you doing any diving while you are there?

Ken

Ken

Tony

Tony,

This is good info!! I have been to Costa Rica and the people there where awesome!! So I may just have to return there for vacation, the family type this time of course because I am not single anymore like I was then :whistling:.

Jim

Jim,

Don't forget about Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Cheap and Beautiful. I've never come across people so friendly and eager to serve.

Ken

Ken

Tony

Tony,

Jim

Yes, I agree on Costa Rica. I've been fortunate to go there several times and the people are wonderful especially in the non-touristy areas.

Sounds like a fantastic time. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of said small bikinis. ;)

Enjoy your stay and ignore the sour pusses, it's too beautiful a time for you to even acknowledge the idiots. Enjoy your vacation. :thumbs:

Howdy after a few more days in Aruba.

Ok, so my mind is being changed about this place. I think the problems I've had with service are purely due to the hotel we're in. My wife and I enjoy going to all inclusive hotels because we both love to eat and love to drink. I've been here since thursday and I've probably had an average of 10-15 double rum and cokes here. At a non-all inclusive place we'd be spending a couple hundred bucks a day, easily, on booze alone.

that being said, as the staff realizes that we aren't the run of the mill cheap ass all inclusive tourists, we have gotten significantly better service. I don't agree with paying to get good service, as i expect good service and pay for it happily. But at the all inclusives, that's what you get here. the all inclusives are not the norm here.

after being out more into the island off the resort, we've found the people are exceedingly happy to see you and treat you very well. The food here is absolutely top run, as I ate a 5 star meal last night at a place called the flying fishbone. if you come here, you must make a visit.

my wife and i had tuna titaki for appetizer and it was the best i'd ever eaten. I had the beef tenderloin in hearty meat sauce, green beans, and potatoes, with fois gras on top and it was damn near the best meal i'd ever had. the service was amazing. the meal cost us about 110 before tips, including drinks, no dessert. In nyc that meal would have cost double or triple that.

the key is to go out of your resort and see the sights. I think we'll be back.

edited to add. the resort is beautiful. the alacarte restraunts, that are included, are terrific. the food is top notch here. In mexico at an all inclusive the food is typically fair.

the buffet sucks, as it does everywhere at any all inclusive, but here you can eat at the alacarte places without any limits, you just have to make reservations. i'm really starting to think this is one of the better vacations i've had. even if the service for the first few days was hit or miss. the room we are in would cost you 500 or more a night at a non all inclusive. its absolutely stunning.