• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

From my family

DarrenR

I swear I am number 8!
Thank you
You have chosen a thankless job. You have given my family and I the greatest gift an American can give another. Our FREEDOM.
THANK YOU

You are very welcome and really, it isn't as bad as some people think. I really do love what I do. I couldn't imagine myself doing anything else....which makes my pending retirement next year kinda scarry.

Anyway, yes FREEDOM is what we stand for and we are a nation for the people by the people. But in order to keep ourselves free, we must PARTICIPATE in the governing process. That means that every citizen of the USA must, every once in a while......

- Write, Call, Visit the people who get elected into office (whether you voted for them or not; they are the ones who decide policy)......city, county, state, and national representatives.

- Let them know what you think and why an issue is important to you. Many times it's the Vocal MINORITY who get their way because the Silent Majority remains silent.

- Vote. Or let me say it a different way....... VOTE!!!!! Vote at all levels. It's the only way we can govern ourselves. If you look at the last election......in most places only 25-30% of registered voters actually got off their butts and voted. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that's not a majority. Here again, the Vocal Minority wins......

DON'T EVER THINK YOUR VOTE DOESN'T COUNT.....IT DOES. Look at the last two National Elections.......

In Iraq they had almost 75% of their population vote....Amazing! Just imagine what might happen in the USA if that many people get out and vote at the next elections......

Democracy will only work if we are active in it....we have to participate in the process. Educate yourself on the issues and what each candidate's position is on each issue, register to vote, and then VOTE. Instead of surfing the net reading and looking at relatively useless information (I do not mean CP FORUM....this is very worthwhile :) ), go to your elected official's websites. They all have one. Only 5 more months until the elections in November and the campaigning has already begun.

So, to quote Dr. Laura....."Now go out and do the right thing."

Thanks for allowing me to get on a soap box.

Have a GREAT DAY!!!!! :laugh:

Kelly
<><