• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

frost king rope caulk?

smokyJoe

hello i was looking for help on this subject I did use the search function before posting. I searched the Lowes and Home depot web page for Frost King rope caulk,  and all that shows up is Mortite weatherstrip and caulking cord.  It has no noticeable smell to it, assuming its the right stuff new name. I installed it on my coolidor lid two days ago. I tryed opening the lid (almost stuck shut) and the caulking/cord was stuck to both lid and chest. dose it setup over time, or is this going to happen every time i open my coolidor?

thanks, joseph   

I have never had to put anything on mine. Most cooler lids seal well enough.

Click on my review of my humidor in my signature and in there is the weather stripping that I used and worked great! It's a foam style from frost king.

Paul
I'm on my phone or I'd give you the link.

Stick a flashlight in your cooler and shut the lid.  You'll know if you need any additional seal or not.

Thanks for all the help I ended up removing the rope caulk. I tried the flashlight idea to see what kind of seal it has, a lot better seal than what it feels like when opening. It's been holding 64/68% so I added my cigars.

Like the flashlight trick.

I think I'm good, but I've been wondering and that is quick an easy to do.