• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ft. Lauderdale... any suggestions?

theorangeman

Sort of waited until the last moment but at any rate, my flight leaves in just a bit and I'm heading down to Ft. Lauderdale for the week to attend a conference. I haven't been there for close to 10 years so I'm sure it's a lot different than what I remember. Does anyone have suggestions as far as a good cigar bar/lounge to go to in the evenings? Also, I'll be looking to watch the 'Cuse play on Tuesday evening and I doubt my hotel will have ESPNU... so any good places to catch a college b-ball game and one that would have the game with sound? I can always catch the game on my computer via my slingbox but figured it would be more fun to get out and enjoy the town. I won't have a rental car but will have access to taxis, of course. I'm staying at the Bahia Mar hotel on Seabreeze Blvd in case that helps.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :thumbs:

Cuban Crafters cigar store at 3604 NW 7th st in Miami is worth a visit, if you're up for a short drive from Ft Lauderdale. Might have the random chance at meeting Don Kiki (owner).

Good grief...look what the cat brings around!

Good to see ya.

I hope your trip is enjoyable!

thumbs-up.gif

Good grief...look what the cat brings around!

Good to see ya.

I hope your trip is enjoyable!

thumbs-up.gif

Hey Gary, ya' jack ass, good to hear from ya' as well! ;)

As for Lauderdale, since I had a balcony room, I just enjoyed the good food and drinks on the beach and came back and finished the night off with a good smoke as I am doing this evening instead of seeking out a cigar establishment as I often do on business trips like this. Tonight I'm enjoying a Camacho Triple Maduro which is a good smoke to cut through all the spice of the fish sandwich I just had which was spectacular.

Wow, this place sure has changed since the last time I was here over 10 years ago.