• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente 858 Rosado

The new 858 Rosado need some nap time. They are still a bit bitter. I smoked one from the box I purchased and then proceeded to bury the box in my humi.

858Rosados.jpg

I was under the impression the the 858 Rosado SGs(2009) do not have the Opus wrapper. Anyone know for sure?

Joe

I was under the impression that the Oliva family grew the wrapper for these, and not the Fuente's.

That's what I was told. It was grown by the Oliva family who also produce the wrapper for the VSG.

Yep! The leaves for the wrappers on these come from the leaves that grow right underneath the leaves used for the VSG cigars. So I've heard.

I tried my first one of the new batch Christmas morning. Very enjoyable morning cigar! I preferred it to the recent Sungrown 858s.

I was under the impression the the 858 Rosado SGs(2009) do not have the Opus wrapper. Anyone know for sure?

Joe

I was under the impression that the Oliva family grew the wrapper for these, and not the Fuente's.

That's what I was told. It was grown by the Oliva family who also produce the wrapper for the VSG.

Yep! The leaves for the wrappers on these come from the leaves that grow right underneath the leaves used for the VSG cigars. So I've heard.

That is how I understand it as well.

I had one this weeked...a cigar I look forward to trying at different times...to see how it matures.
Right now it's a very nice smoke.

Completely unimpressed with the first three I've had. Nothing like the original, which had some character. This, well....lacks much of anything.

I'm getting close boys, real close. I'll give 'em one more chance and then cut bait if I still don't like them.