• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente Fuente Opus X No. 2

ChiTown_Huck

So this was one of the cigars I won in a package during the jlada auction, so I thought I would review it. I don't have photos though, so sorry.

I don't know the age of this cigar, but the label had begun to yellow so it had to have a few years on it.

Wrapper: Dark reddish wrapper with dark veining, slight sandpaper feel to the wrapper, almost sticky

Prelight: Not an overwhelming Opus aroma, but it smells good. Hint of nutmeg and spice. Good draw, slightly firm. Firm feel, appears well rolled.

Beginning: First several draws, white pepper. Cough! Smooth power. Interesting flower-like aroma in the smoke. Not sure I have identified this aroma before. Pure tight, white ash. Elegant. Draw seems to be tightening slightly.

Middle: The spice has transitioned into a woodiness or nuttiness. A fermented essense is coming through...raisins maybe. Strength kicking in, and it has taken over the complexity a bit. Flavors remain the same.

End: My palette seems a little worn out. The flavors seem flat. The tight draw remains and then the cigar opens up to an easy draw. Tight spice is back along with a good Opus flavor. Full bodied, spicy wood.

Overall: A very enjoyable smoke. Many different phases. Did get a little flat in the middle/end, but recovered nicely. Quality Opus and why I seek this cigar out and why I like them with a little age on them.

Rating: 9.1

Thanks for the review. I also got a few Opus in the jlada auction that I haven't set fire to yet. It may be time!

One of my top five of all time, though I have yet to try an Original Release :(. Thanks for the review!!

Jim