• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente Fuente Opus X Perfecxion No.5

Setren

Reaction score
Last night I took out of my humidor the two Fuente Fuente Opus X Perfecxion No.5 gifted to me by the most generous stepthirteen. I gave one to my cigar buddy and took the other one. We went outside and lit them up. All I can say is "wow."

The cigar before being lit felt nicely firm, and the appearance was impeccable. We used a double-bladed guillotine cutter to cut the caps off of our cigars. I didn't test the prelight draw.

I took a bit to light the cigar up with one of those large, cheap butane soft-flame lighters. Funny thing, though... I used it after my friend lit his up, and I think the lighter got so hot that the flint kind of popped out. But I got the cigar going nicely, though. The burn on it was perfect, and I didn't need to touch it up at all.

Both my friend and I were very impressed with how perfect the draw was. The smoke, too, had a great smooth and voluminous quality. Unlike the Illusione that I've reviewed before, this cigar's smooth and and voluminous smoke felt thick and strong rather than airy. And still the draw was perfect. Unfortunately, though, I can't much comment on the flavors in the smoke because my palate is still not good enough. The cigar felt strong but not biting, though, and the flavors were enjoyable, whatever the flavors were. The ash, too, was great, hanging on and not crumbling for a while. I didn't feel the effects of this cigar, though, but maybe because I had a full stomach and was drinking Coke along with the cigar.

Ok, so here comes the bad part of the review. Our smoking time got cut short, and we weren't able to nub the cigars. We might try to relight the rest of them today, but I doubt they'll be as good. Oh well. :( But anyways, thanks go out to stepthirteen for gifting me with these two Opus X's. I know my friend and I both enjoyed them very much. Sorry we weren't able to nub them. :\

Edit: Oh, I thought I'd mention that if stepthirteen's point was to get us hooked on Opus X's, then he's succeeded. :)

Pictures! (Sorry, I didn't take too many. I was too busy enjoying myself, hah!)

Prelight

Lit

Sounds like you liked it. That's a great little smoke. My favorite Opus X of recent years.

Thanks for the review!! You will indeed be insearch of more!! You should probably lay off the coke though it will destroy your life :laugh:. Again glad you liked the cigar!!

Jim