• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente Fuente Opus X

hbooker

Cigar DJ
Fuente Fuente Opus X a Review by Hbooker

After joining CF as a member I was encouraged to go ahead and smoke my much-coveted Opus X cigar. I had acquired through a cigar pass and was saving it as I felt I would most likely never see another one. I based this on all the talk of how scarce and costly they where. Supporting a large family as I am doesn’t allow for expenditures on such items. I had read very few detailed reviews on this cigar but I had read that they where powerful smokes.
I had lost a few online contests for free smokes and was messing around and started a “New Contest” it was called Hbooker wins! Pretty much it was a parody where everyone could basically wager a cigar and guess what rating I was going to give this cigar. It was pretty much a very creative mooch. I had fun - so shoot me.

You see, I had to invent a reason worthy enough to smoke my only Opus X, once I published the “New Contest” I was committed to the review.

The Cigar I am reviewing is the Fuente Fuente Opus X. This one actually looked to be the Number 4 with the Red footed cedar wrap.

I opened the cellophane it had Fuente Fuente Opus X printed in gold on it. I carefully slid the cigar out of the wood and inspected it carefully. The wrapper was a delicate smooth wrapper colored a flat deep brown, I did notice a slight blemish near the foot of the stick.
It felt solid in construction. It had a pre-light aroma of a rich and yet somewhat citrus smell. As I viewed the open end I took notice of the clearly 2 types of tobacco it contained. Construction – appearance it rates an A+

As I toasted the end I was treated to some of the coming events the aroma was unlike any other cigar I have toasted. Upon lighting it flamed well and I was presented a rather Strong first few puffs. Loads of luxurious and rather unique rich smoke. There where hints of several differing flavors. I noticed a nutty flavor along with a brisk clean flavor. (strange combination – but maybe that is why this smoke doesn’t get more detailed reviews it is hard to give it justice in writing.) About 1 inch into this the smoke flavor began to grow, and that was surprising as it was already stronger than most “Dark Smokes” the smoke also mellowed, it lost it’s Bite if you know what I mean. At that point it was prudent to sit back and enjoy it, while I smoked it every once in awhile my wife would try it also.

As it got to the power point nearing the end it was a truly robust flavor that was like a crème slightly spicy nutty flavor. This is the way life should be at this point! It truly was a multi dimensional flavor treat. It wasn’t strictly peppery like other strong smokes. I nubbed this cigar and about that point I was pretty much hammered from it. It got me good. The flavor had a strong and lasting memory that was rather nice and enjoyable.

As I sit here contemplating the Opus I am glad that I was convinced to sample this lovely piece of artwork. This cigar I would gladly share with fellow cigar lovers. If I see them and can am able I will make it a point to pick up one or two, for when I meet up with others at a herf. I submit my review for your inspection. As I am a lover of truly strong and flavorful smokes I rate this cigar as I feel.

Hbooker rating. of available 100 points.

96-98 = A SOLID 97.

I had smoked only Havanas for almost 11 months straight and lit up an Opus Fuente Fuente a couple of weeks ago to break the "streak". While I was not totally blown away by the cigar, I was reminded that the Opus is a great smoke, if it can be had for MSRP. The #4 is definatley one of the more flavroful of the line, it was good first choice for you. Try the xXx next!

:) Sunday I was spending some time over at my local shops owners house, who just happens to be a good freind and my neighbor which is a big plus, enjoyin a Special Ramon & Ramon from the big anniversary humi he has. You know thw one that had all those drawers in it I think it also had the Partagas 150's in it too. Anyway He was happy to tell me he as finally been approved as an OPUS XxX dealer and will recieve his first shipment at the end of the month. LUCKY ME!!! :p
He also said he might send me to the next big dealers convintion in his place as a employee of the shop!!!!!!! That would be cool. :thumbs:

better get there early darren...F & N is notorius for shipping only a small quanity to new accounts. They might only get a couple of sizes. One of our local shops has been an authorized dealer for some time now and almost always has some in. He just got in six different sizes.

:) Honestly I know thisa might offend some people but I don't really care for the Opus all that much. :0 ;)
I think I am addicted to something better, something you know all to well Matt. LOL I have become a ISOM whore!!!!! LOL
It would be worse if I had the money. Seriously though I have never been head over heals for OPUS, but I also have never had a tone of them. :p