• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente/Newman

jabba

I recently emailed the Fuente/Newman company regarding a box I recently purchased that had some "patched" cigars. Here are the pics...

http://cigarjournal.blogspot.com/2006/12/p...cuesta-rey.html

Here is the response from Aimee, I'm impressed with their customer service...

Hi Joe,

Thanks for contacting us regarding your recent purchase of Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino #60 cigars. We were sorry to see that you purchase a couple of cigars that were not first class. We make literally millions of cigars each year and while we have a very strict quality control both in the Dominican Republic and here in Tampa, sometimes a few may slip through. Although we strive for 100% quality control with all of our products, sometimes it does happen.

If you email me your ship to address we would be happy to replace the cigars for you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Happy Holidays.

Aimee P. McCalla

Human Resource Manager

JC Newman Cigar Co

http://www.cigarfamily.com

1-800-477-1884

I'm happy to see this, I like when a company stand behind their products.

thats refreashing to see. i wonder if the response would have been the same if it were a box of DC Maximus?

This is great to hear. Thanks for the info!

My first real cigar and still one of my favorites. :thumbs:

I'm glad they also stand behind their products.

thats refreashing to see. i wonder if the response would have been the same if it were a box of DC Maximus?

My guess... replacing two $15 cigars isn't much different than replacing two $5 cigars for the Fuente/Newmans... I don't think $20 breaks the bank for them :)

Good to see them stand behind the product but I don't think I would have noticed that patch. Good eyes there.

I brought an issue of a gouger (retailer) to their attention. They were all over it - phone calls within hours of my e-mail. They are a top notch organization and they take their brand name VERY seriously... :thumbs:

Just noticed you received your reply from the Human Resource Manager. It's refreshing to see a company where the buck isn't passed around from person to person because "it's not my department".

I brought an issue of a gouger (retailer) to their attention. They were all over it - phone calls within hours of my e-mail. They are a top notch organization and they take their brand name VERY seriously... :thumbs:

How did you go about doing this? There have been several retailers that I have seen gouging at absurd prices and I've often wondered if Fuente/Newman really have time or energy to care. Gouging like I've seen is horribly unfair to the consumers and folks like us who make up a large part of their business, and it would be nice to know there may be some consequences to retailers.

At the same time, I've wondered if they have to look away sometimes, because if a retailer is selling large amounts of Fuente product and chooses to gouge one or two boxes a year of HTF sticks it would not be in the best fiscal interest of F/N to cut them off or sanction them and risk losing all the other revenue.

They take it very seriously, especially the Opus X brand. You can contact them if you see someone gouging. Many times it is a vendor who bought the Opus on the market and then keystones again for resale in a particular sale. In that case Fuente can't do much, but they can, will, and do cut accounts off when they catch gouging going on by one of the authorized retailers.

The reason I mentioned it is because we were discussing a store in Castle Rock, CO that is currently selling Fuente Fuente for $42.99!! I know their tobacco taxes are high out there, but not that bad.

The reason I mentioned it is because we were discussing a store in Castle Rock, CO that is currently selling Fuente Fuente for $42.99!! I know their tobacco taxes are high out there, but not that bad.
http://www.cigarfamily.com/retailers.cfm?Code=FN
That link will do a search for authorized Arturo Fuente retailers. If that shop is indeed an authorized retailer, I suggest that you report them.

CONSUMER RELATIONS
Consumer Relations for J.C. Newman Cigar Company Cigars and Diamond Crown Cigar Accessories: aimee@CigarFamily.com

Consumer Relations for Arturo Fuente and Montesino Cigars: karl@CigarFamily.com

If nothing else, let me know the details and I can call the area rep and have him check it out.