• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente Sampler Pack? Purchased? Worth it?

iluvmysh

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered the A. Fuente Sampler pack from Tampa Sweethearts? Do you think it's worth it? I have never had a Fuente cigar, can anyone recommend me one to try out?

Nope, I can't recommend only one. Too many good ones. ;)

Just take a dive into the deep end and you should be well rewarded with something you'll enjoy.

Nope, I can't recommend only one. Too many good ones. ;)

Just take a dive into the deep end and you should be well rewarded with something you'll enjoy.

Sound advice! In my opinion, Fuente makes some of the best cigars out there. And there truly are too many of the good ones to recommend. Jump in!

Has anyone ordered the A. Fuente Sampler pack from Tampa Sweethearts? Do you think it's worth it? I have never had a Fuente cigar, can anyone recommend me one to try out?

Taste is subjective and for that reason you should try as many as you can. That is how you find out what you like. And that goes for all cigars, not just Fuentes.

For the record, I think that Fuentes are good cigars. But I don't enjoy the Fuente premiums 2-3 times more than their regular line for what I am paying for the cigar.

Fuente premiums like the Don Carlos, Hemmingway, and Opus X cost anywhere from 2-3 times more than a Fuente of the regular line of a comparable size. You will need to find out for yourself, as you should with any new cigar, but in my humble opinion the premium Fuentes don't taste any better than the Fuente regular line of cigars.

Go forth and sample all you can and find out what you like.

Uhhhhhhhhhh, maybe it would be better if I listed the ones I've smoked that I don't like:

1. ..........

Oh crap, I can't help you. I haven't had a bad one!!! :blush:

Heck yeah. Tampa Sweethears IS Fuente. I've purchased 2 each of the Natural and the Maduro. Both are winners, but I prefer the maduro.

IMO you can't go wrong with ordering this sample package... it will give you a chance to try different cigars at a decent price

Get the sampler. :thumbs: Their lower end stuff is okay in my book but I think their higher end stuff is well worth the money.

When I smoked my first Opus X I was not impressed however, after smoking a few more, they have become one of my favorites. I'm smoking an Opus X Fuente Fuente as I write this, WOW what a great cigar!! The Añejos are also wonderful cigars too.

Fuente Hemingways and Don Carlos lines are in my opinion the finest Cameroon wrapped cigars on the market. They use only aged tobaccos and they are good to go right out of the box.

Fuente Hemingways and Don Carlos lines are in my opinion the finest Cameroon wrapped cigars on the market. They use only aged tobaccos and they are good to go right out of the box.

Wow, that's some high praise!
I always have at least one box of the short stories around, and they are indeed one of my favorite small cigars, along with PAM Principes and Party Shorts.

Had a King B last night, was realy, really tasty. Reminded me of the Cuban Beli.

Edit for clarity: The short stories are one of my favorite SHORT cigars.

Short stories are, well uh... too short! I prefer the Best Seller but at their price point, now days I rarely buy any.

Hemingways, Don Carlos, Anejos and Opus are all very good choices. However, if you haven't had ANY fuentes before, I'd work my way up to those sticks if I were you. For something easier on the budget, try some 8-5-8's. Although I don't care for them, many guys do and they are priced right ($3 range).

I love pretty much anything in their line. Ranging from the so-called Forbidden X, Opus X, Hemingway (my favorite), King B (supposedly a limited run of the Chateau Fuente line, and damn good), Don Carlos, 8-5-8, to just plain lower end stuff. Their Chateau Fuente Sun Growns are great too. I always keep a couple of boxes of their 4.5 x 50's on hand, as well as a box or two of the Chateau Cuban Belicoso...since I like their Sun Growns so much. You really can't go wrong with them, or their Montesino line...something else I appreciate as well.

While you're at it...if you're ordering from Tampa Sweetheart, you should try any of the TS Bundles. Never had the Flor de Ybor City myself, but I can speak for the TS bundles. Great stuff, especially for the price. Not a bad middle of the day stick at all, and beats some other stuff in the same category.

Enjoy your entry into this brand...it's really something you will enjoy.