• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Funny story

SamGuss

My oldest cat is Julius. He is the Alpha Cat of the house, the smallest, thinnest, oldest and most laid back cat of the house (unless he is challenged and has to assert his role of being the patriarch of the cat family). Julius likes his "spots" as we call them. A spot, is a particular spot that he has come to like and will be seen most of the time in his one spot for at least a couple weeks before he finds a new "spot".

Some of his spots over the last couple years have been pretty funny and away from the traditional floor, sill or furniture "spot". One time it was on tp of the computer. Another time is was on the toilet seat. Yet another time was on the second lowest shelf. Yet another time in the clothes hoper (he actually goes to this spot a lot form time to time).

Now, you have to understand that Julius, though his own identiy as a cat, is like many cats - stubborn. He doesn't like to move from his spot unless he is forced to and will often time go right back to it. He protests others who come to his spot - be them feline or human.

His latest spot?

On top of my humidor.

Yep, right there where I go almost daily to at least smell my cigars - if not grab one to smoke. And here is this little bastid, laying down, dropping all over it and of course protesting when I move him so I can get in MY humidor.

Then of course comes the looks as he glares at me until I have closed the humidor lid. His reaction then? Right back on my humidor giving me that lok of "this is MY humidor". I have to laugh and point this out to Melly each and every time and it is so funny, because Julius doesn;t like a lot of attention, so when both of us are just "there" and paying him attention he gets all puffy and leaves, like we did him some injustice.

Quite funny actually and of course in a matter of minutes he is back on top of my humidor yet again - occasionally opening an eye, looking at me as if saying: "this is MY humidor".

I am glad his "spots" last only a couple weeks at a time, I would hate for us good "friends" of pet owner/pet actually have to get in a fight over who's humidor that really is. Sides - I know Melly would probably side with him :(

Hope you enjoyed the little story! It really is true and I keep hoping that my friend comes over with his digital camera before Julius moves on to another spot - the sight of him perched on my humidor is quite funny.

Sam

Sam,

Ya GOTTA get a photo and post the picture this is way too funny!!

I'm a cat fan as well, even though that has nothing to do with my screen name.

I dunno Lucas, I think the humidor is now extremely well guarded.

I say this is a reason FOR a cat rather than against.

If I ever send you cigars, I'll be sure to leave out the catnip.

coventrycat86 said:
I dunno Lucas, I think the humidor is now extremely well guarded.
Damn good point brother. Maybe a cat like Sam's Julius would keep my "friends" from stealing my Cubans!!!

If I ever send you cigars, I'll be sure to leave out the catnip.

:sign: :D

True, and if your friends wind up with claw marks on them, you'll then know how many Cubans could have gotten into the wrong hands.

Nah, he'd only do that if Sam misbehaves, so Sam, don't tick him off.

JOE.M. said:
lucasbuck said:
:sign: Yet another reason not to get a cat :p
Hey, aren't they the other white meat? :p
They are only good with a good wheat beer, and a loaded baked potato. It's a great combination... I haven't figured out the best cigar to compliment the feline, but I'm working on it.

:sign:

j/k :p :D

Well if Princess is any indication, the Ashton VSG line works well. This brings her close to me everytime :sign:

Sam

Wait till you catch him in his new spot licking his favorite spot!!! Now that would be a picture!