• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

General question regarding Cuban 3 and 5 pack Serial Numbers

Christoph

Hello friends,

About a year ago I purchased 6 different 5 and 3 packs of several different brands of Cuban Cigars, the cigars purchased were:

3 pack of Partagas Serie D No.4
5 pack of Montecristo Petit Tubos
3 pack of Cohiba Siglo VI Tobos
3 Pack of H Upman Magnum 46 Tubos
3 pack of Romeo y Julietta No.2 Tubos
3 Pack of Hoyo De Monterrey Petit Robustos

my question isn't about fakes/not fakes or sources, my question is about the serial numbers on each box, I noticed that across all brands the serial numbers on the back of the box all started with the EXACT same 7 digits, '8500001'

Is that proper behavior for serial numbers on CC's? It seems very strange that all of the first 7 digits would be the same across the board,

I would like to mention that these packs were mail order, I have purchased some 3 and 5 packs at legitimate shops in Europe and none of them start with the same sequence of digits, it is always different,

Any help or help speculating would be greatly appreciated; I can provide screen shots if necessary.

My speculation would be the ones purchased in Europe were from a time before Altaidis. The new ones simply reflect that they all come from the same company, the last digits will be product specific.

Here is the barcode from a 3 pack of Siglo VI I bought at the La Casa del Habana here in Germany.

8 500001 390459

and the barcode from a 3 pack of Siglo II bought a year later.

8 500001 390749

My wild guess is the 8 500001 is the Country code, 390 the brand code, and the last three digits the size.

I have another 3 pack of Siglo II on the way, once they are here I'll update this thread.

Here is the barcode from a 3 pack of Siglo VI I bought at the La Casa del Habana here in Germany.

8 500001 390459

and the barcode from a 3 pack of Siglo II bought a year later.

8 500001 390749

My wild guess is the 8 500001 is the Country code, 390 the brand code, and the last three digits the size.

I have another 3 pack of Siglo II on the way, once they are here I'll update this thread.

Wurm, sounds like a pretty good guess, the packs that I have with the 8 500001 are from Switzerland and the other packs that I have that have different starting numbers are from England, I was being paranoid, it was logical that the numbers shoiuld change from box to box, brand to brand, and that if they were all the same then the boxes were fake and being copied from a single source,

Matt is correct. The first digits 500001 represent the distributor. Habanos SA is the exclusive distributor of Cuban Cigars. Even though you have several lines of Cuban Cigars, Habanos SA distributes all of them. The last six digits represent the product code.

Matt is correct. The first digits 500001 represent the distributor. Habanos SA is the exclusive distributor of Cuban Cigars. Even though you have several lines of Cuban Cigars, Habanos SA distributes all of them. The last six digits represent the product code.

I tend to agree,

Habanos S.A. brokers out the distribution to smaller companies. In Germany, that Company is 5th Avenue, in Switzerland it is INTERTABAK, A.G. Since both the German bought and Swiss bought cigars cigars have the same starting code it more than likely stands for Habanos S.A.

I'd like to know if the OP's Siglo VI tubos second group of code also starts with 39 if not that might be the Country code.

I tend to agree,

Habanos S.A. brokers out the distribution to smaller companies. In Germany, that Company is 5th Avenue, in Switzerland it is INTERTABAK, A.G. Since both the German bought and Swiss bought cigars cigars have the same starting code it more than likely stands for Habanos S.A.

I'd like to know if the OP's Siglo VI tubos second group of code also starts with 39 if not that might be the Country code.

Thanks to all members for taking the time to look at this and posting their thoughts,

here is my full barcode for the Siglo VI Tubos 3 pack:

8 500001 390459

Partagas Serie D.No4 3 pack:

8 500001 011279

Montecristo Petit Tubos 5 pack:

8500001 020424