• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Genuine Pre Embargo Counterfeit Cubans

CaffeineMe

I just bought my first box of these, Belicoso's (6"x54 (or so)).

They seem a little harsh, not really as full and rich as I had hoped. I've had the box about 7-10 days, and have had 3 of them.

I mean, they're good, but not JR Ultimate (Oscuro, what I've been smoking) good. The scent of the cigars (before lighting) doesn't seem done....are these typically shipped requiring a little aging?

I had resolved myself to letting them sit in the 'dor for a month before trying another...well, you see how well that went. So, if I am going back to them, twice, they can't be all bad, but I guess I had higher hopes for them. Will patience have it's reward?

How did they feel and burn? I tend to like um, but the ship awfully wet, as do most JR products. Especially the ones that they turn over fast. Plus the ones I have had tend to be rolled tight, which means I have to smoke em almost dry, or they will be almost unsmokeable in this %85 humidty we have here. I usually let my cigars bought from JR's sit out of the humi for 3 days or so before I throw em in my fridgedor.

Emo

They felt good and burned OK, the burn has improved on them in the last 10 days (if 3 cigars are an accurate gauge). The smell of them is just not what I would call done....they lack the richness of a nicely aged cigar. It's my hope that with time, that earthy smell will develop and these will age into nice smokes.

Actually, I ahve had the entire spectrum of these cigars. Too wet, too dry, burned bad, burned good, so-so, great. My advice is to leave em out of the humi for a day or 2 and put them back in. It will speed the process along unless you live in south Fl like me.

Emo

You have to have patience with these. First off the JR Ultimate have at least a year of aging before they are sold so the PEGCCs are already at a disadvantage. Also the flavor profile is quite different between the two. I am currently smoking PEGCCs that have over a year and a half of age to them. Still a very tasty and spicy cigar with no harshness to them.

Bury them in the bottom of your humidor after letting them dry out for a few days and pull one or two out each month to try. One they hit the point that the harshness is gone smoke them up!