• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Geocashing cigars.

Humidor Minister

My BIL and I go riding quads and do what's called Geocaching. All over the USA are hidden containers with trinkets in them and sign in books. You can take a trinket and replace it with something else. Some even have stuff from all over the world. How does this tie to cigars? I'm going to use my tubes to put my stashes in these containers. We plan on smoking the cigar while we are on the hunt for the Geocache. Then we write about our search and the day in general and put this in the tube and container. I plan on doing a written review of the cigar that was in the tube and including it. Like I said, these are all over the country. If you want to get in the loop let me know. These are really fun.
When we were on the hunt this weekend, I found one hanging from a chain and the container was dropped in a hollowed out tree trunk. It was just a small sign in book with a pen but still fun to hunt for. Last week we found a souvenir from Egypt. It had a little book of it's travels. In this case the instructions said to take it and put it in another Geocache somewhere else.
I wish I could leave a cigar for the next person but it would never keep.

This is actually a really cool idea. I did some geocaching in nome, ak, Adak, Ak, st. Paul, ak and Dutch harbor, ak. Found some cool stuff, mostly sign in books however. It was really fun cuz I didn't bring my GPS....just checked the maps on the ship and plotted our way around using paper charts :)

Daum, you went hard core. :thumbs: The one in the tree took me 20 minutes, the GPS had me doing circles around the tree.

Been geocaching for some time now with the family. The hardest one we ever found was in a roadside guardrail, the top of the bolt was cut off and a film container glued to it and it was reinserted into the bolt hole.....talk about a pain in the butt, my daughter found it by chance by putting her hand to climb over and knocked it out.

Travel coins are always cool to move around when I travel so much.......

This sounds like a lot of fun. I imagine it'd be interesting in an urban environment. "Go 100 paces past the homeless guy taking a dump":D

<br />Been geocaching for some time now with the family. The hardest one we ever found was in a roadside guardrail, the top of the bolt was cut off and a film container glued to it and it was reinserted into the bolt hole.....talk about a pain in the butt, my daughter found it by chance by putting her hand to climb over and knocked it out. <br />
<br />
Travel coins are always cool to move around when I travel so much.......<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Any hitch hikers in a cache that have a destination are fun to play along with. The cigar idea is unique. I like it.

This sounds like a blast. How do I get into this? Is there a website?

Geocaching in itself is simple to get into. All you need is some sort of handheld GPS device and a desire to get outdoors. Probably the oldest and best website to get information about caches in your area is geocaching.com LINK HERE. Create a username and password, read some of the FAQs or new user guides and start searching.