• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Get to know a CP'er contest

Since I'm relatively new to CP, and want to give back a little, I figure I'll do a little contest. The purpose is for people to get to know me a little, and then share a little about themselves also. Here's how it goes:

The first person to post the correct answers to my 5 questions wins. You may only post once, and there is to be no editing. The winner recieves a package of my favorite little smokes, but only after they PM 5 interesting facts about them (I'll post them for all to see).

Done - Congrats JimiHendrix!

garrettbuckeye's 5 interesting facts

1. When did I join CP..........................................................................2/21/07
2. What is my major at THE Ohio State...................................Turfgrass Science
3. I have two dogs; what breeds are they....American Bulldog and Boston Terrier
4. When am I getting married..............................................................6/30/07
5. Where am I going on my honeymoon....................................Punta Cana, DR

Some answers can be found on CP, but looking elsewhere might also be helpful :whistling:

For the winner:

Hemingway Short Story
Oliva Serie G Special G Maduro
Camacho Coyolar Puro Perfecto #1
Punch Champion

JimiHendrix's 5 interesting facts

1. he plays Violin
2. he's an actor
3. he's a surfer from Atlantic City
4. he was once caught by the cops having sex with his g/f on a mattress tied to the top of his car - NICE!!!
5. he has met Donald Trump several times
6. (incase I didn't post #4) he goes to Rutgers University for Acting and Communications

Since I'm relatively new to CP, and want to give back a little, I figure I'll do a little contest. The purpose is for people to get to know me a little, and then share a little about themselves also. Here's how it goes:

The first person to post the correct answers to my 5 questions wins. You may only post once, and there is to be no editing. The winner recieves a package of my favorite little smokes, but only after they PM 5 interesting facts about them (I'll post them for all to see).

The Questions:

1. When did I join CP?
2. What is my major at THE Ohio State?
3. I have two dogs; what breeds are they?
4. When am I getting married?
5. Where am I going on my honeymoon?

Some answers can be found on CP, but looking elsewhere might also be helpful :whistling:

For the winner:

Hemingway Short Story
Punch Champion

Good luck... and happy searching!

Ok buddy I think I got it!!

1. Feb. 21 2007
2. BA in Turfgrass Science
3. Boston Terrier and American Bulldog
4. Married June 30th (Congrats!)
5. Honeymoon in Punta Cana, DR

I've been to DR its really really nice! Congrats I hope I got it all! Thanks for the contest

The Questions:

1. When did I join CP?
2. What is my major at THE Ohio State?
3. I have two dogs; what breeds are they?
4. When am I getting married?
5. Where am I going on my honeymoon?

For the winner:

Hemingway Short Story
Punch Champion

Good luck... and happy searching!

1. Feb 21, 2007
2. Turfgrass Science
3.Boston terrier and American bulldog
4. June 30th 2007
5. Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort, Punta Cana D.R.

1. When did I join CP? 2/21/07
2. What is my major at THE Ohio State? Major Turfgrass Science & minor in Agricultural Business
3. I have two dogs; what breeds are they? Boston terrier & American bulldog)
4. When am I getting married? 6/30/06
5. Where am I going on my honeymoon? Ocean Blue Golf & Beach Resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

We got a winner! I know it was a fast little contest... but it was just a "little gar event". PM me your name, addy and your 5 interesting facts, and I'll be off to the post office. Congrats JimiHendrix!

Where are my manners?!!?!

I was in such a hurry to get the post in, I didn't bother to say Congratulations on all the accomplishments. Now you get go out in the real world. :p

Best to you and yours. And thanks for the give back. Always nice to see those!!

Congrats on the upcoming nutials and the subsequent honeymoon in the DR. But I've gotta ask what others MUST be thinking...

What the fell is Turfgrass Science? ???

Turfgrass Science is the study and management of grasses. My interests are in golf, therefor my future career goal is to be a Golf Course Superintendent. I currently work at Scioto Country Club, a course where Jack Nicklaus learned the game of golf, and that also hosted a number of major championships.

Other people choose to go into SportsTurf (baseball, football, soccer), sod farming, seed farming, research (university or industry), and sales. But yeah, to put it simply... I grow grass.

to put it simply... I grow grass.

I won't make any "watching grass grow" jokes then, as you're no doubt sick to death of them, but your job sounds like it just might be like watching paint dry.

I know, I'm sorry, sometimes I just can't stop myself from being an absolute idiot. On the other hand, I love golf, and I have great respect for the groundskeepers at most courses. It must be incredibly difficult to keep everything looking so pristine with all the jackasses driving carts all over the place, destroying the turf, and generally being, well, jackasses.

really, the hard thing is cutting the grass to 1/10 of an inch and keeping it not just alive, but healthy.

it's a balancing act trying to negate the affects diseases, bugs, the environment, and of course people.

Another way of putting it simply is to say that I drive around in a golf cart all day and tell people what to do...

Now that's a good time.... driving a golf cart around everyday! :D

Thanks for the contest and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! :thumbs:

Nice contest !!! :thumbs: Congrats!!!
I'd say hanging out on the course all day is not to bad of a gig bro!!! Yes, I'm a little jelous!!!

1. he plays Violin
2. he's an actor
4. he was once caught by the cops having sex with his g/f on a mattress tied to the top of his car - NICE!!!
6. (incase I didn't post #4) he goes to Rutgers University for Acting and Communications

Very nice bro!!! :thumbs:

I'd say hanging out on the course all day is not to bad of a gig bro!!! Yes, I'm a little jelous!!!

1. he plays Violin
2. he's an actor

Oh don't flatter him! Congrats Mike, nice contest Garrett.

1. he plays Violin
2. he's an actor

Who was driving the car? Did they get cited too? :laugh:

Not really impressive unless you are doin' at least 55 mph. :laugh: