• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting cubans in cozumel

rdnkjdi

So I'm going to Cozumel and want to pick up some Cubans. How can I make sure I'm not getting ripped off? Anybody else been? Sham can I expect to pay for good cohibas?

So I'm going to Cozumel and want to pick up some Cubans. How can I make sure I'm not getting ripped off? Anybody else been? Sham can I expect to pay for good cohibas?

If you're not sure what you're buying, dont buy them. There are plenty of great NC smokes that you can be sure are authentic and not have to go through the trouble of wondering.

Only go to La Casa Del Habano otherwise count on them being fake.

Really? But you can tell......... nope.. nothing! :sign:

Sorry I pulled a hit and run on this thread. I got down there, & didn't have internet access. So I gave up (everybody was trying to rip you off). But I bumped into an American afficianado, and he sent me to a shop on the mainland. He said it was the only place to get legit Cubans. I paid pretty dearly for it, but the shop had pics & warnings of fake cubans & weren't pushy. Figured it was my best bet ... dunno if it was Cuban but it was worth every peso...

Tried a few unbranded local rolled ones too

I know a guy who knew a guy who dated this other guy's sister when she worked at the Waffle House in Hot Springs which was managed by this other guy I knew who was cousins with another guy that I never met who took a Disney Cruise a few years ago and stopped in Cozumel. From what I understand, this gentleman, who I have never met and only have tangential knowledge of, procured a Cohiba robusto at the Duty Free store there on the dockside area to smoke on the verandah of his aft cabin that evening, because, well, it's forbidden fruit. What are the odds that the Duty Free CC's were legit? Or, Duty Free's, anywhere, for that matter. I'd think they would have to be on the up-and-up, no?

Again, this was not me. At all.

Really.

Kann- low, I would say!

I hear there is a new LCDH in Cozumel, but most people take the ferry to PDC and go to the one there.

Duty-frees in Mexico and Central America seem to be full of fakes. Duty-frees in Europe seem to be legit more often.

Wow, that's interesting. I don't even know how those things operate. I just kind of assumed that... well, I don't know what I thought. Kind of thought they were regulated, somehow, actually.

Wow, that's interesting. I don't even know how those things operate. I just kind of assumed that... well, I don't know what I thought. Kind of thought they were regulated, somehow, actually.
I think you mean your friend didn't even know how those thing operate...etc.

I've seen glass-top boxed Cohibas in Mexican Duty Free shops. But then, those are legal, right? Or is it the thought that counts?

When I went to DR, I bought Bolivars in the tube, was a great Cubans.