• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting married - suggestions for cigars for some of the guys

comptalk

Hey all,

I am getting married next week, and I am bringing some cigars for about 8 guys; and myself. I've been smoking for 20+ years, so my palette is a bit more full bodied. However, others are newbies. Should I bring some Candelas? I do not want to waste money on then they throw away an expensive cigar, but I also do not want to give out dog rockets.

Open to ideas. Thank you.

Definitely not candelas.. not for newbs or intro sticks anyway. More importantly, what's your budget.. and are you planning on just 1 stick per person?

Definitely not candelas.. not for newbs or intro sticks anyway. More importantly, what's your budget.. and are you planning on just 1 stick per person?

One stick per person; not looking to spend to much since I have no idea how much of the cigars they will smoke. I tried a Gurkha, it wasn't very tasty.

One stick per person; not looking to spend to much since I have no idea how much of the cigars they will smoke. I tried a Gurkha, it wasn't very tasty.

If mostly newbs, go mild to medium.. something tasty and well-made that won't break the bank. CigarPage has 10-ct boxes of Oliva Connecticut Reserves.. $60 and free shipping. They're gordos, but most newbs equate bigger with better when it comes to cigars.

$60 for a mild to med smoke that is made well with a lot of flavor ain't bad.. plus it leaves a couple if anyone wants a 2nd one. It also buys you a decent cigar box as a memento that you could repurpose. CP links can be funny...

If the link doesn't work, just go right to their site and search it. Another even cheaper option would be the Villiger Cueller. I get a lot of the same flavors as the Oliva CT and there's more size options.. probably around $3/ea.. boxes aren't bad either. Let's see... yeah, $35 gets you a 10ct box of robustos:

Oh yeah, almost forgot.... congrats man!! 🤵‍♂️👰‍♂️💞

Last edited:
Congrats brother! I did cigars for my wedding as well…it was a huge hit. Went a bit of a different route by including the cigars as gifts for everyone, but stuck to the mild/medium formula.

To piggyback what @xyz123 suggested:
-Charter Oak Connecticut
-Southern Draw 300 Hands Connecticut
-Olivia Serie G, which is a Cameroon wrapper that has great flavor, it’s smooth and approachable
-Fuente Chateau Connecticut
Those are all affordable and easy to find, relatively.

If you wanna level up though…
-Highclere Castle Connecticut
-Davidoff Signature or Grand Cru
-Montecristo White Label
-Gran Habano Blue in Green

I’d recommend Toro or Churchill, because size matters.

Also, some advice from my experience: don’t share your nice lighter and cutter. Either use your cheap ones or grab some basics from the local B&M or Total Wine.
Def have more than one to pass around.

Light up after all the official photos. You don’t want to be interrupted.

If time and budget allows, get the photographer in on the herf. We got a dope photo of my brother and I that has been very sentimental for me.

Otherwise neither, congrats again! Write down your vows, and enjoy the experience.

Let us know what you end up selecting!

Congratulations. I can almost guarantee that no one is going to puff on a cigar for an hour-plus, and you'll be lucky if they suck down even a quarter of a stick. Unless you are sure they are actual cigar smokers, go with the Gurkha.

Hey all,

I am getting married next week, and I am bringing some cigars for about 8 guys; and myself. I've been smoking for 20+ years, so my palette is a bit more full bodied. However, others are newbies. Should I bring some Candelas? I do not want to waste money on then they throw away an expensive cigar, but I also do not want to give out dog rockets.

Open to ideas. Thank you.
First, congratulation on the upcoming nuptials. Second, I've been to a couple of weddings where the groom tried something like this and in my humble opinion it doesn't work for anyone. Its your wedding and you should be spending it with your newly wed wife and visiting with relatives and friends you've invited to celebrate this event. The time it takes to savor a good cigar will probably irritate those (including your wife, although she may not admit it) not invited or that do not smoke. And rushing through a smoke is a waste......again...JMHO