• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting Married...

William Wonkum

Hey guys, I'm planning on getting married in a few months. I know, I know, some of you are going to ask me why and I don't have a good answer. Maybe I'm masochistic. Although you might be displeased with me getting married, you will be happy to know that one of the first thoughts that came to my mind was what cigars I want to have available for all my buddies. If anything, this will be a good chance for me to light one up with a bunch of good guys. I want to make sure they're aged for a few months before letting them loose. I figure I need to get 2 boxes. I was wondering, in your experience, what kinds of cigars go well with both the experienced crowd and the inexperienced crowd that just wants to join the celebration. Thanks for any recommendations.

William

Padron's. 2000 and 6000 maduro's. something for everyone.

Padron's are a good choice. I have been at some events where they went to some type of CAO-CX2, Gold, or some Rocky Patel. It was generally a medium blend. Nothing too fancy as there may be some who would light an Opus X and chuck it after the first puff. A medium blend Davidoff can also work. I have seen where the couple keep the box and do something fancy with it. That is, forget the cigar, they bought the box that they liked so they could do something with it later. And by the way, Congratulations!! Do you know that married men live 11 years longer on the average over single men. Enjoy this special time!! :thumbs:

Padron's are a good choice. I have been at some events where they went to some type of CAO-CX2, Gold, or some Rocky Patel. It was generally a medium blend. Nothing too fancy as there may be some who would light an Opus X and chuck it after the first puff. A medium blend Davidoff can also work. I have seen where the couple keep the box and do something fancy with it. That is, forget the cigar, they bought the box that they liked so they could do something with it later. And by the way, Congratulations!! Do you know that married men live 11 years longer on the average over single men. Enjoy this special time!! :thumbs:

Are you sure that's not "feels like 11 years longer"? :laugh:

Are you sure that's not "feels like 11 years longer"? :laugh:

ROTFLMAO!! Maybe!! :laugh:

Congrats on your wedding...it is an honorable thing. As for the stogies, if you are on a budget, Consuegra #9 maduros are great to pass out because the experienced smokers will still be fine with it and if the inexperienced chuck them, you're only seeing a dollar go to waste. I am passing out Connies for the birth of our first son in July just for this reason. I personally enjoy them myself and if someone decides to toss it after 2 puffs, I won't be peeved.

Edit to add: Oh yeah, btw, Connies need to rest a minumum of a month, 3 months is even better.

Congratulations on getting hitched, the CAO Cameroon Anniversary is a cigar I always find to be very social.

I'll be the first to admit I know very little about cigars, but I do know something about being married.
First I'd like to say congratulations, and that for me marriage has kicked alot of ass.

As for what stogies to get, well, you should look above, but realize that if you stink like cigars and your wife doesn't like the smell you're going to kiss that wedding night nookie goodbye. (this is personal experience!)

Good luck!

~R

Congratulations! As a fellow soon-to-be-married man, I have also been pondering this question.

Ashton Classics are always a great choice and worked well at a good friends wedding last summer, alas, I'm not on an Ashton budget...or I don't like my friends that much

I've been looking at Cusano 18s, Connies, and maybe even the Tatuaje P4s or Havanas if the budget allows.

The guys are right, we want something the smokers will enjoy, and at the same time, something you won't lose sleep over if they do a puff...puff...chunk

too long a reply I know, let me know what you're thinking if I've missed something

congrats again and enjoy, don't get bogged down in the details...if you say i do and she says i do, then the weddings a success regardless of whatever if anything goes wrong

They have both been mentioned but you won't go wrong with the Padron 2000's, 6000's or the connies. They are all available for a reasonable price and are good smokes.

Congratulations! :thumbs:

Padron's. 2000 and 6000 maduro's. something for everyone.

That's because single men eat, drink, and smoke as much and as often as they want; and no one ever forces them to see the doctor. It really is no surprise.

As for what stogies to get, well, you should look above, but realize that if you stink like cigars and your wife doesn't like the smell you're going to kiss that wedding night nookie goodbye. (this is personal experience!)

This is possibly the saddest story I've heard in a long time :(

Glad to hear marriage is working out for you though!

IMHO the AF 858 is also a cigar both newbies and more experienced smokers like.

Seth