• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting ready to buy some beads...

Mangudai

207035646.jpg

I made a post on here a while ago about having mold in my humidor and procrastinated on getting a new rh solution. I was recommended this and was wondering if their is anything I should know before buying.

http://heartfeltindustries.com/proddetail....rod=AH%5F1%5F65

I live in South Florida but could possibly be living in Tennessee in a year or two if that makes a difference.

Even if the beards are on clams, you shouldn't be paying for it. ;)

Viper will answer your questions I am sure.

I use beads(65%), and love them. No muss, no fuss, just rock steady humidity control.

Do a search here on CP for Viper139's posts.

Ive left my humidor open for months so I will have to re season it im sure. I plan to order a digital hygrometer and beads as well tomorrow. Should I wait till I get the beads and the hygrometer or do it now(seasoning?

Also...I know that when you introduce new cigars the reading goes down but it should go back up right?

Ive left my humidor open for months so I will have to re season it im sure. I plan to order a digital hygrometer and beads as well tomorrow. Should I wait till I get the beads and the hygrometer or do it now(seasoning?

Also...I know that when you introduce new cigars the reading goes down but it should go back up right?

I would season now, and then add the beads into the humi. Also, I would recommend getting an adjustable digital hygrometer, so you know its accurate.

My $0.02

Get em from Heartfelt mate.They will sort you out with any questions you may have, and they have excellent customer service.

First off very nice humidor.

The Heartfelt Aluminum humidifier is sized to replace the rectangular humidifiers that are mounted in the lid. I see the one you have had two of them. If you give me the interior dimensions of the humidor I will calculate how much Heartfelt Beads you need for this humidor. Nice thing about the aluminum units is they take up no space in the humidor itself since they are mounted in the lid.

As far as your move from Florida to Tennessee this is no problem. The only difference you may see between the two areas is how long the humidifier lasts before you have to add distilled water. One area may be dryer than the other and this will effect the time. The Heartfelt Beads themselves will work just as well in obth places.

David

length
76225.jpg

width

22781.jpg

height

56909.jpg

I don't want you to thin im lazy but I just realized I suck at reading tape measures.

It's OK, you are not the first one to give me the measurements this way.

Works out to a little under 2 ounces of beads. You can start with one of the Heartfelt Aluminum humidifiers since they hold 2 ounces of beads. You can also use the Heartfelt Bead tubes and get any combination that adds up to 2 ounces.

But if you buy two you won't have to re-charge them as often AND you'll preserve the natural symmetry.

But if you buy two you won't have to re-charge them as often AND you'll preserve the natural symmetry.

It is true that if you get two of the Heartfelt Aluminum humidifiers they will last longer between hydrations, the humidor will also recover faster after you have been in the humidor. More is good I just wanted to tell you the minimum that was needed. Also, you cannot overhydrate the humidor with more beads than is called for they will still keep the rh at the correct level.

We know how important symmetry is.

David

It is true that if you get two of the Heartfelt Aluminum humidifiers they will last longer between hydrations, the humidor will also recover faster after you have been in the humidor. More is good I just wanted to tell you the minimum that was needed. Also, you cannot overhydrate the humidor with more beads than is called for they will still keep the rh at the correct level.

David

Thanks a lot for the replies, everyone. I was unsure about seasoning it now because I don't have humidor element. But I'll wipe the walls and divider down a bit :D And sure, I'll get two of them thanks for telling me how much I would need for my humidor.

David

Thanks a lot for the replies, everyone. I was unsure about seasoning it now because I don't have humidor element. But I'll wipe the walls and divider down a bit :D And sure, I'll get two of them thanks for telling me how much I would need for my humidor.

AHHHH don't wipe it down.... just place a cup of water in there... don't wipe it down, yuo run a chance of over doing it and warping the wood.

Shane

Really...now thats interesting. Is this in general or if its already been seasoned? I followed these instructions I found on another website(im surprised theres no sticky on seasoning here : P ) and it mentioned wiping everything with the distilled water.

I dont have a shot glass unfortunately(I see this used a lot.) What else do you think I could use?

Thanks again