• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting started

Imagine

Well, i've been smoking cheap cigars for awhile now, but i'm switching to the finer aspect of the hobby. I capatilized on the 15$ humi+sampler deal from CI, and I guess I need to know exactly what to do when it arrives.

How do I prep it?

Since I don't have a hygrometer, and haven't ordered beads yet, how to I achieve ideal humidity?

When and if i purchase beads where do they go?

I may be getting a hygrometer from my friend in the near future.

These questions must seem pretty stupid, but any help is appreciated.

Well, i've been smoking cheap cigars for awhile now, but i'm switching to the finer aspect of the hobby. I capatilized on the 15$ humi+sampler deal from CI, and I guess I need to know exactly what to do when it arrives.

How do I prep it?

Since I don't have a hygrometer, and haven't ordered beads yet, how to I achieve ideal humidity?

When and if i purchase beads where do they go?

I may be getting a hygrometer from my friend in the near future.

These questions must seem pretty stupid, but any help is appreciated.

they aren't stupid question, these are things you'll need to know(well the seasoning part anyway) as you drown in quick sand like hobby.

here's a site that tells you about seasoning
http://www.jrcigar.com/index.cfm?page=jrcu_storage

as for maintaining optimum humidity without a hygrometer, haha i have no idea, im a noob too.
but for the beads, you can purchase them in a tube, or put them in a bowl.

and i think you can find a hygrometer at radioshack or walmart or heck just go to your b&m and get one :D