• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glendronach Parliament 21 Year Old~

I didn't have the scratch when AVB put this up in the Scotch Buy, but after months of trying, my local guy was able to get some in . . . and put it on "Key Special" just for me, at $109 for the bottle.

It was worth the wait. :love:

Lovely dram. The nose is dried cherries and orange peel, with a wonderful color and thick, slightly viscous mouthfeel. Initial flavors are rich spice notes of ginger and nutmeg, opening up into caramel apple and fading into a long finish of licorice and salted chocolate. Truly exquisite.

It's every bit as smooth as the much pricier Balvenie Portwood 21, but with that full, distinctive Glendronach flavor profile. Beautifully sherried, rich, robust and deep. I'm in awe.

Get it if you can. It's a stellar addition to anyone's Scotch shelf. :thumbs:

glendronach-21jr-parliamentLarge.jpg

I was happy to see this review since I just imported a bottle of the 18 year for my son for Christmas.

Despite having a bottle of the 12 year sitting on my shelf for years I have yet to sample anything from Glendronach.

Outstanding price. I can't find it under $150 anywhere in the US and that doesn't include shipping. Locally it is about the same price as the Balvenie, only $5 less.

I was happy to see this review since I just imported a bottle of the 18 year for my son for Christmas.

Despite having a bottle of the 12 year sitting on my shelf for years I have yet to sample anything from Glendronach.

The Glendronach 18 Allardice is a different animal entirely, but a VERY good Scotch. It's far more dense and complex and assertive than the Parliament, and typically described as "a beast in the glass." Incredibly good and a wonderful Scotch, but IMHO, the three extra years the Parliament spent "in cask" produced a different experience entirely. Hard to choose between them, as they're both superb.

You should crack that bottle of their 12. It's tasty. ;)

~Boar

Outstanding price. I can't find it under $150 anywhere in the US and that doesn't include shipping. Locally it is about the same price as the Balvenie, only $5 less.

Spec's is great that way---they're a Texas megastore chain famous for buying in bulk and discounting steeply. High end hootch at Walmart prices! My local branch is one of only seven in the state that's authorized to get the Glendronach line, largely because of ME. :cool:

And YOU, by extension---you sold me my first couple bottles of Glendronach Revival, and when they got the 12 in, I asked (okay, hounded) them about carrying it. Now they get the Allardice, the Parliament, and some of the single cask 15 and 17 year olds as well, and just ordered me the cask strength 21 year old that's come out recently. They're only going to ask $139 for it, too!!!

~Boar

Thanks Boar!

I probably have 65 to 75 open bottles of scotch at this time so I'm trying to finish some off before opening more bottles. Special occasion type bottles excluded of course.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the 18 Alldarice. It was about $70 delivered from London.

The Glendronach 18 Allardice is a different animal entirely, but a VERY good Scotch. It's far more dense and complex and assertive than the Parliament, and typically described as "a beast in the glass." Incredibly good and a wonderful Scotch, but IMHO, the three extra years the Parliament spent "in cask" produced a different experience entirely. Hard to choose between them, as they're both superb.

You should crack that bottle of their 12. It's tasty. ;)

~Boar

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the 18 Alldarice. It was about $70 delivered from London.

Holy crap! Are you sure that wasn't pounds? The Allardice is $102 here, and that's generally a very good price. If that was actually $70 and not £70 . . . you got more than a deal; you got a STEAL.

~Boar

It was something like £39 before shipping. The price was a big part of why I ordered a bottle. That and I remember reading where someone on here was really enjoying their bottle. Maybe that was you?
From your description it sounds kind of like Macallan 18.

$70?! Never seen it that low ever. Great deal.

$70?! Never seen it that low ever. Great deal.

The bottle cost was right at $63.00. I probably added low for the shipping because the bottle was a gift for my son and I felt bad spending so much of his Christmas money on 2 bottles. He's also getting a Highland Park 21 year. I ate the £26 delivery charge for the first bottle since I was ordering an expensive bottle for myself. The additional bottle delivery charge is about $10.00. The HP 21 took another $128.00 of his Christmas money.

Boar, sorry for the thread jack.