• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glenfiddich 21 yo Gran Reserva/ Rum Cask Finish

Aussie Shaun

Just call me Grumps.
My Brother/inlaw was kind enough to bring a bottle of this fine scotch to drink over the Easter break so here we go,

The box was first class in appearance and was a hint to how good the preciouse liquid that was contained within.
The nose was quite fruity with a hint of what seemed to be toffee or burnt sugar ( which is toffee anyway ) and the color was dark like maple syrup.
In the glass it was oily and coated the sided when swished around and went kind of cloudy when ice was put in.
On the palette it was rich with oak, pear like fruit and the toffee ( burnt sugar ) from the nose was present, it was very smooth on the way down with just a slight alcohol burn.

All in all it was a top notch scotch and was matched perfectly with a Oliva G Toro, the price of $225 was the only let done .

That is $225 AU dollars right?

That's right Ray $225 AUS, he supplied the scotch and I supplied the cigars so it was a good trade off for me.

Almost double what I pay here.

:( I feel for ya.

Not much of a Scotch drinker but pops is. Got him the Glen 21 finished in the rum case, Balvenie 18 and Duncan Taylor 46 yr blend. The Glan is done. Was the best of the bunch, the DT 46 is crap, maybe go good with a Swisher or White Owl. The rubbing alcohol taste is most prominent.