• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glenkinchie 1991 Distillers Edition

indyrob

You smell like my sausage!
Glenkinchie 1991 Distillers Edition.

After mellowing in a refill cask to develop the soft distillery character for a decade, a secondary maturation in a specifically chosen amontillado sherry wood cask ensures that all the good work continues. This edition is testimony to the skills of the Master Distiller.

This is an odd one for me, it's strong (not harsh, just robust) and has a very long finish. I dropped in a cube and let it sit for 10 mins until the cube had melted away and tried it again....it got better. Could taste some sraw and the front and some sugary (not overly sweet) tones, but the finish is all wood. I can't say if I like it or not after one glass, but it is unusual. Very happy with the change up though!

I'm hoping that tomorrow night might find me in a better mood and a shot at a 2nd review.

It should be interesting to see how it compares to my review of the standard edition from 5 years ago.

Delayed due to a very nice bbq last night. Will post the review tonight though!

I'm not sure if that sounds like an improvement over the standard edition but it certainly sounds different. Thanks for the review.