• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glenlivet 15yr - A review

thejollyco

The Jolly Company
A quick review, as I'm still fairly new to the scotch world.

Smell - initially slight peaty smell with a fruity undertone and a sweet finish. Who nose. My sense of smell is kinda messed up and not as sharp as other people's.

Taste- i feel like it starts with a fruity (reminds me of a pear) sweet initial taste that is quickly followed by a medium bodied oak taste. The lingering taste is semi sweet with a hint of fruit and vanilla. There's a lot of flavor that this thing packs, and sometimes I can taste the oak/wood flavor first, but other times I can taste the pear flavor. If it hits the back of the tongue, there's a lot more spice to is, and I feel like there's a bit of peppery taste to it as well.

Finish- The oak flavor lingers for a second and then slowly dissipates to a spicy intermediate with a buttery finish. It definitely makes me want more.

I had this with a Monte #4 (isom) the first time I tried this and it was delicious. The cigar made the sweet aspects of the scotch stand out more so that when it first touched my tongue, I could distinctly taste the fruity pear taste. Normally however, I feel like the oak taste overpowers the sweetness so fast that I don't have time to enjoy the fruity flavors.

Overall, I feel like I made a fairly good choice in purchasing/investing in this scotch. It was on sale for 35 bucks.

(edit: forgot the finish)
(edit #2, forgot to mention this:)
I drank this neat, in a shot glass. Which can change the way things taste. I need to find myself a scotch glass.

A bit different then my review of 18 months ago. Interesting on how people taste differences in the same item. Good job Jolly, hope to see more as time goes on.

yeah. i hope my taste buds get more refined towards scotch as time goes on like they did for cigars. I'm surprised how sweet scotch can be sometimes.

I did have one scotch i couldn't stand... laphroig something. it tasted like peaty iodine. but that was when i first started scotch.

out of curiosity, i drank mine neat. how did you drink yours?

I drink mine mostly neat but sometimes add a touch of water. Depends how I feel.

Islays like Laphroaig can be an acquired taste and not everybody acquires it.