• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glenlivet 1969

Tony Bones

Grundalier
The wife and I headed to a fine Seattle steakhouse this past Friday. Of course they had a wonderful assortment of single malts, and of course I had to try one.

The 1969 Glenlivet was phenomenal! Incredible carmel bouquet and knock-you-on-your butt power.

Not sure of the cost per bottle, but at $29 per glass I might venture to say that it's between $125-$150 at a retailer. Well worth it at twice the price and I highly reccomend this one for a splurge.

Tony,

Was this an original bottling Glenlivet or a independent bottling? If it was one of the "Celler Collection" Glenlivets then that runs about $225 a bottle. $29 a shot would be a bit high but still within the ballpark. If it was a 1.5 shot then that would be a good price. There are also the other bottlings like the Scott's Glenlivet whose 1969 vintage can be found for about $110 or so, just as an example.

AVB said:
Tony,

Was this an original bottling Glenlivet or a independent bottling? If it was one of the "Celler Collection" Glenlivets then that runs about $225 a bottle. $29 a shot would be a bit high but still within the ballpark. If it was a 1.5 shot then that would be a good price. There are also the other bottlings like the Scott's Glenlivet whose 1969 vintage can be found for about $110 or so, just as an example.
I believe it was an original. The restaurant I had it at is definitely in the pricey side, so a steep price wouldn't surprise me.

Now you'll just have to go back and find out for sure :) At those prices it sounds like you were at the Metro Grill, I only ate there once and it took a while for my wallet to recover. Have you been to the Union Square Grill for steaks? They serve up a pretty nice one, or did the last time I was there.

AVB said:
Now you'll just have to go back and find out for sure :) At those prices it sounds like you were at the Metro Grill, I only ate there once and it took a while for my wallet to recover. Have you been to the Union Square Grill for steaks? They serve up a pretty nice one, or did the last time I was there.
You hit it on the head. The Met. it was. I've not been to the Union, but have been to El Gaucho a number of times and really favor it over all others. Being a younger guy the Met. is just a little, um, uh, older-crowd-centric for my taste.

That said, if you're ever around I'll meet you for a smoke and dinner where ever you choose :)

I appreciate the offer but I've changed jobs since I was there and my new company doesn't have any west coast offices. PA is a bit far away to drive up and have a herf & some chow. If you ever get to the Baltimore area the same offer is open for you.