• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glenlivet 21

Gonnagal

On my way home from work I was thinking I wanted to get a scotch. I've tried the 16 and 18, I really enjoyed the 18 so I sprung for a bottle of 21. I smoked a Padron #9 Maduro to accompany me. WOW! The 21 year old Glenlivet was amasing, I had it w/o ice. I sat on the porch sipping and smoking away watching the rain come down. All in all it was a wonderful night.

What are your takes on the Glenlivet 21?

That it's expensive! :laugh:

I've never tried it, as I'm not much of a Glenlivet fan. The 12 year old always seems too cloying for my taste, so I'm reluctant to try much else from their line. I did buy a bottle of Nadurra on a whim once, and didn't really enjoy that either. I guess I'll stick to sherried malts and Islay whiskies. :love:

I've never tried it, as I'm not much of a Glenlivet fan. The 12 year old always seems too cloying for my taste, so I'm reluctant to try much else from their line. I did buy a bottle of Nadurra on a whim once, and didn't really enjoy that either. I guess I'll stick to sherried malts and Islay whiskies. :love:

I've heard many good things on the sherried malts, any suggestions?

I've heard many good things on the sherried malts, any suggestions?

AVB's reviews are a great resource. Here are a few to start out with:

Aberlour a'bunadh
Balvenie Doublewood
Dalmore 21

Macallan, of course (not the "Fine Oak" series):

I like it but not as much as the Balvenie 21 PortWood. I'm sure at some point I'll post up a review.

I have only enjoyed a glass or two of the Livet 21. Like AVB I find it enjoyable but not as much as others in the same price range. Even so, one of these days I'd like to add a bottle to my collection.

BTW, your evening on the porch did sound wonderful. Good for you!

On my way home from work I was thinking I wanted to get a scotch. I've tried the 16 and 18, I really enjoyed the 18 so I sprung for a bottle of 21. I smoked a Padron #9 Maduro to accompany me. WOW! The 21 year old Glenlivet was amasing, I had it w/o ice. I sat on the porch sipping and smoking away watching the rain come down. All in all it was a wonderful night.

Love it, i'm a big fan of Livet, thats mostly what i drink when smoking. Aberlour is also another favorite, hell i just love scotch in general. Congrats on such a nice evening with a great smoke and a great scotch.

Thank you all for your insightfull posts. I can't wait to head to the Liquor store again and try some of the sherried scotches among of the others that many have suggested.