• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glenlivet French Oak Reserve 15yo

XxMerlinxX

I am a leaf on the wind...
The_Glenlivet_The_Glenlivet_15_yo_French_Oak_Reserve_15_.jpg

I haven't had a good dram of anything in a while, so I went to the medicine cabinet to go find my bottle of Balvenie Doublewood and instead found a bottle of Glenlivet French Oak Reserve. This Scotch hails from the Speyside region and has been matured for 15 years in new barrels made from French Limousin Oak, which according to the label, gives it "cedarwood spicy notes". :D I had completely forgotten about buying this and it has sat there for quite a while, unmolested, so I popped it open and poured myself a small bit with a splash of water. The first thing I noticed was the somewhat spicy floral bouquet, and I'll be damned, but it really did have a hint of cedar to it along with citrus. I take my first sip and it ushers in a sweet taste of vanilla, which quickly turns into a dry spice and fades into floral notes and orange peel with a hint of almonds on the finish. Overall I'd say that this is a very good buy, especially since I believe I only paid around $28 for it on sale, and I think it would suit beginners very well, considering I am one.

The_Glenlivet_The_Glenlivet_15_yo_French_Oak_Reserve_15_.jpg

I haven't had a good dram of anything in a while, so I went to the medicine cabinet to go find my bottle of Balvenie Doublewood and instead found a bottle of Glenlivet French Oak Reserve. This Scotch hails from the Speyside region and has been matured for 15 years in new barrels made from French Limousin Oak, which according to the label, gives it "cedarwood spicy notes". :D I had completely forgotten about buying this and it has sat there for quite a while, unmolested, so I popped it open and poured myself a small bit with a splash of water. The first thing I noticed was the somewhat spicy floral bouquet, and I'll be damned, but it really did have a hint of cedar to it along with citrus. I take my first sip and it ushers in a sweet taste of vanilla, which quickly turns into a dry spice and fades into floral notes and orange peel with a hint of almonds on the finish. Overall I'd say that this is a very good buy, especially since I believe I only paid around $28 for it on sale, and I think it would suit beginners very well, considering I am one.

This and Lagavulin are my regulars. I've probably been through three or four bottles... :p