• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glenmorangie triple taste

eegeland

Reaction score
Just tried the 10 year, Quinta Ruban, and Lasanta.

10 year was nice. Carmel, vanilla, nice nose. Great 10 year Highland with none of the dried fruit (taste like soap to me) you get with a MacAllan.

The Quinta is a 12 year with the last 2 years in a cask that had port in it. I had a sweet northern Italian sauce for dinner prior to my first glass and it was superb! Nice sweet touch. Without the sweet food prepared palate it was a bit strong and the port mature did nothing for me.

The Lasanta is a 12 done the same way but with sherry casks. I can assume it would be good with the same sweet food but without it was a bit harsh.

Just tried the 10 year, Quinta Ruban, and Lasanta.

10 year was nice. Carmel, vanilla, nice nose. Great 10 year Highland with none of the dried fruit (taste like soap to me) you get with a MacAllan.

The Quinta is a 12 year with the last 2 years in a cask that had port in it. I had a sweet northern Italian sauce for dinner prior to my first glass and it was superb! Nice sweet touch. Without the sweet food prepared palate it was a bit strong and the port mature did nothing for me.

The Lasanta is a 12 done the same way but with sherry casks. I can assume it would be good with the same sweet food but without it was a bit harsh.

Thanks for the information. I plan on trying these out some time in the near future.

No problem. Hope it helped! I am working my way through about 100 single malts. Up to 16 so far and have sampled all 8 regions. I got up to the 16 in about a year by hitting some high end hotel bars and trying 2 a night! Its going to be way harder to get through the rest becouse the bars dont go outside the popular 6.

I have a great liquer store by me but it takes a while for me to get through a bottle. :rolleyes:

All good whiskies. This distillery made a lot of good changes once Moet Hennessy bought it from Brown Foreman.

They certainly increased the "finishes" they use but I'm not sure it was worth the 25+% increase in price since Moet took over.

All good whiskies. This distillery made a lot of good changes once Moet Hennessy bought it from Brown Foreman.