• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gluten free cigars

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I have a friend who I play golf with and he apparently has very serious issues with gluten. He loves the smell of cigars but isn't willing to try one because of his gluten issues. He is afraid the gum/glue may have gluten.

I give him credit for his diligence!

Does anyone know if there is any reference which would conclude that there is "zero" gluten in any given cigar?

Pectin is gluten free. I'm not sure what type of glue every cigar maker uses, but pectin is one common glue.

I just did a quick search and it looks like some cigars are gluten free and some are not.

Here's a post that has what is claimed to be a partial list of gluten free cigars, My Father and Arturo Fuente are on the list, so it's probable that other cigars rolled by these factories are also gluten free.

Last edited:
Not that I am an expert on the subject but usually people who stay away from gluten have digestive issues with it. Since cigars are smoked I don’t think any of the possible gluten will get to the digestive track 🤷‍♂️

My wife has to eat gluten free because of a thyroid condition so I am very aware of what does and doesn’t have gluten but I would never even had though that there was even a possibility that cigars had gluten in them. Though this thread was a joke at first. Learns something new today

Not that I am an expert on the subject but usually people who stay away from gluten have digestive issues with it. Since cigars are smoked I don’t think any of the possible gluten will get to the digestive track 🤷‍♂️
I have never heard of such a dramatic gluten issue but he won't even kiss his wife after she has eaten anything gluten. He carries a bottle of hand sanitizer with him and he wipes the bar down before he takes a seat.

I have never heard of such a dramatic gluten issue but he won't even kiss his wife after she has eaten anything gluten. He carries a bottle of hand sanitizer with him and he wipes the bar down before he takes a seat.
Wow. Better safe than sorry in that case

Yeah, when I was searching for stuff about cigar gluten, several posts out in internetland mentioned zero tolerance for gluten. Evidently, wheat glue is/was used on cigars at least at some time, and this was enough set those gluten free folks off.

Yeah, when I was searching for stuff about cigar gluten, several posts out in internetland mentioned zero tolerance for gluten. Evidently, wheat glue is/was used on cigars at least at some time, and this was enough set those gluten free folks off.
It wouldn’t effect my wife because she doesn’t have celiac’s she has Hashimotos which she would need to eat a whole plate of pasta or something to feel crappy for a few days. But celiacs yeah just a tiny bit and you can be affected