• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

GM paid us back?

That's a good read. Thanks for the link. It's nice to know some journalists still do research and not just make their articles pleasing to the masses, either with flashy aesthetics or worthless/inaccurate filler.

And here I thought things were turning around. Go figure they would pull some crap like that. :angry:

Thanks for the link!

Exactly why I'll NEVER buy a GM car. I'll stick with Ford. ;)

I read an article somewhere recently that said GM isn't in the car business and hasn't been for over 30 years---they're in the restructuring business and the bailout business, and the cars are just window-dressing for those endeavors.

~Boar

I saw the television commercial recently. My first thought was, "Wait a minute...that CAN'T be right!" Turns out I was right. Thanks for linking to this eye-opening article.

Exactly why I'll NEVER buy a GM car. I'll stick with Ford. ;)

Why? Just on principal, you mean?
While I'm probably just annoyed at GM's financial bailout and bald-faced lies as the rest of you are, I'd never say never. My last vehicle purchase was a Chevy, as a matter of fact (though it was used...and therefore, didn't help the company much LOL). Honestly, I've never been a GM fan, but this truck happened to be exactly what I was looking for, at exactly the right price point for me at the time. And that's how I purchase pretty much everything. (well...that, and the Dodge dealer royally rubbed me the wrong way
unsure.gif
).

That's not to say that a company's ethics would never play into the picture in my purchase decisions, but it's certainly not at the top of the totem pole.
I don't mean to bash your point of view or to sound preachy....just throwing out my opinion.

I don't buy new vehicles very often---my truck's ten years old and has been paid off for five, and I'm just NOW beginning to think about replacing it---but when I do, I vote my conscience with my dollars.

My thinking is, Detroit has been shipping American jobs overseas for decades now. Japan's been creating jobs here---might not be union jobs, but they're damn good jobs, and when's the last time one of the Big 3 in Detroit built a new state-of-the-art factory HERE? Saturn? Look who GM axed first!

So I drive a Nissan built in Tennessee. :cool:

~Boar