• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gmail (google mail) - Anyone have one?

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
This sounds stupid, but here goes.

My 16 year old son is just going banana's for a GMAIL (google mail) account. As I understand it from him, you can not sign up yet- its by invitation only. ??? and I guess thats why he wants one, the prestige of having something not everyone else has.

ANYWAY: he really really wants one, so if any of you out there happen to have a gmail account, and have an invitation left- I'd be more than happy to trade some premium smokes for one for him. Or trade whatever you'd like (dvds, software, music, etc).

I desperately need to get him one, so I'll do what I can for him :thumbs: Help if you can.

THANKS
-Toaster

I have Gmail, but have yet to recieve any additional invitations. I will let you know when I get one!
Bryan :thumbs:

I have you covered, Toaster. But only on the condition you take it as a gift.

I'm a bit swamped right now, but I'll have it to you by the end of the day.

What is the draw for gmail over something like Yahoo? I'm wondering if I should be interested?

texasaggie said:
What is the draw for gmail over something like Yahoo? I'm wondering if I should be interested?
It's Google's email system. Each person gets 1,000 mgs (or simply 1 gig) of email storage space. The idea is that you never have to delete any old emails. There's an extensive spam filter and search function. Archiving becomes a cinch.

I got one just to say I have one. I don't email much outside of work... and I have my work address for that. :p

"After 180 days in the U.S., email messages lose their status as a protected communication under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, and become just another database record. This means that a subpoena instead of a warrant is all that's needed to force Google to produce a copy. Other countries may even lack this basic protection, and Google's databases are distributed all over the world. Since the Patriot Act was passed, it's unclear whether this ECPA protection is worth much anymore in the U.S., or whether it even applies to email that originates from non-citizens in other countries."

Sounds good but I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere because it's free you must have the google search bar installed (SPYware). Not a great concern to some but it might be something to think about :0

Fast4Dr said:
"After 180 days in the U.S., email messages lose their status as a protected communication under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, and become just another database record. This means that a subpoena instead of a warrant is all that's needed to force Google to produce a copy. Other countries may even lack this basic protection, and Google's databases are distributed all over the world. Since the Patriot Act was passed, it's unclear whether this ECPA protection is worth much anymore in the U.S., or whether it even applies to email that originates from non-citizens in other countries."
With all the hardcore espionage that I do, looks like I better use my hotmail address instead. :D

:sign:

How do I get one of these email addresses?
I'd love to be able to archive my emails. And, can you save things to the storage, like images? I've been looking for a place to store full size images so friends and family can print them. Places like Ofoto make you pay for them to print them, they don't store full size images.

texasaggie said:
How do I get one of these email addresses?
Currently, it's by invite-only. Find someone who's got some invitations and kiss some ass. :D

<---- could REALLY use a Gmail Invite.
poke.gif
wave.gif
drool.gif

Me too, even though I don't have many of the cool smiley's. I would love to have one, :p

BrownDevil said:
Sounds good but I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere because it's free you must have the google search bar installed (SPYware). Not a great concern to some but it might be something to think about :0
To the best of my knowledge, the Google toolbar does NOT contain any spyware. I have used it for quite some time and AdAware & Spybot Search & Destroy do not detect anything with it.

Dave

I have a gmail account, you don't need the toolbar installed. It's free because you see small text ads on the side like you do on google searches.

I'm in the same boat as the phish and I don't have any invites yet.

I have an account but no invites. I don't know how you get them.. If I get any I'll surely hook up whoever I can.

I have an account too, but haven't had any invites lately. When I do, I'll post here and at CW. It's just stupid that some people were auctioning them on Ebay!