• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

GOF Carlito 2005 Churhill

Wisco

After a quick work out, I hit the front porch to light up a cigar that has been calling my name for some time. The stick looked great with a nice construction. A little give but not too much. I clipped the cap, toasted the foot, and gave it a couple draws. I immediately tasted what I can only describe as a chemical taste on my lips. The draw was great. The smoke wasn't providing the unwanted taste. I battle through and the strong taste is still on my lips. It eventually wears off but it took a good 5-10 minutes of draws before it finally wore off.

I have read some of the reviews and praises regarding the GOF line, so I was not ready to trash the stick and put it in the "Cigars I don't like" category. I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out if I had done something to the cigar to give it this flavor but there isn't anything I can think of. No chemicals on my hand. No food or drink (other than a glass of water) to interact with the leaf to provide this. I even went as far, brace yourself, to lick the wrapper halfway down to determine if it was just the wrapper but I didn't get the same taste at all. There is no tar present either.

Once I got past this taste the cigar was great. I searched the reviews and couldn't find anyone else with this experience. I don't have years and years of smoking under my belt, but I thought this was a bit unusual. Has anyone heard of, or experienced, this with the GOF line? Or maybe something that regularly occurs from time to time with any given cigar?

Your help is appreciated.