• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going on a cruise...

TugBoat

Next week I'm going on a cruise. The ship will go to Labadee, Haiti; Oranjestad, Aruba; Willemstad, Curacao; Cristobal Pier, Panama; and Puerto Limon, Costa Rica. Does anybody have any suggestions on where I should go or if there are any stores worth checking out?

Next week I'm going on a cruise. The ship will go to Labadee, Haiti; Oranjestad, Aruba; Willemstad, Curacao; Cristobal Pier, Panama; and Puerto Limon, Costa Rica. Does anybody have any suggestions on where I should go or if there are any stores worth checking out?

The only advice I can give is... Bring me!!! :thumbs:

Have fun bro!!!

I haven't been to any of those places, but as far as the places my cruise stopped (Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, ect), you're better off bringing your own sticks. The markup and risk of fakes is pretty high imo.

There is a LCDH in Aruba. I was there back in Nov and was not impressed. The humidity in the humidor was very high and a lot of the cigars had mold on them. Also, the prices were pretty steep. I did buy a couple of sticks that didn't have mold to smoke on the ship but I had to let them sit for a while before I could smoke them. You are better off to bring your own with you.

Robby

It's even tough for a well seasoned cigar smoker to know if you're getting the real deal or not. Cigar aficianados always bring their own when traveling to the caribbean. The Caribbean is for tourist and the vendors love tourist dollars. Once you pay for a fake, try getting your money back.

Oh, and have a good trip...

Well I got back from the Cruise earlier today, it was wonderful! I definitely needed to relax. Enjoyed a couple good cigars, nothing incredible but they were still very enjoyable.

I didn't buy any cigars while I was gone, but it was amazing to see the availability of the super rare and highly sought after glass top Cohibas in Costa Rica :sign: . Up until Costa Rica I was amazed by the lack of fake cigars in the ports I had visited. I saw a couple in Aruba, but that was it. Then when I arrived in Costa Rica almost every one that was selling goods had a couple boxes of glass top Cohibas.

Edit: Stupid me can't spell...

it was amazing to see the availability of the super rare and highly sought after glass top Cohibas in Costa Rica

You're right. When my wife and I were in Costa Rica over the new year the shops were flooded with glass top Cohibas.

They're so rare you'll find them in every curio cabinet!

Back