• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going out on top?

It has been an interesting year, and due to making the final round of some interviews, it might be my last year as a teacher.

In February I received a grant from NASA and the Office of Naval Research to build 10 underwater ROV's with students. They did the work before and after school with minimal guidance from me (winning!). They soldered circuit boards for controllers, wired motors, and built the battery powered devices from basic components.

And to top that off, back in April a group of my students were among five teams from across the country who won a Kleenex advertisement campaign. The videos went public today and our school was awarded $5,000.

Click here to see some really good kids and some weird balding dork (Shahala MS):

https://www.kleenex.com/school/

Just sharing. Being a teacher is awesome. Being allowed to participate in events like these has been an incredible experience.

Very Awesome... keep up the great work in molding the minds of our future!!
Congrats indeed!!  :thumbs:

Shaping the clay that is our future, this is one of the most difficult tasks we have, thank you for your dedication, and congratulations on your accomplishments.

C

I loved the video, especially the part where she says..........."Mr. Anderson, our teacher, he's really weird!"

Congrats to you and your class, you teachers deserve way more than what you get.

That's great!  It looks like you really enjoy yourself, and your students really like you!

Congrats man.

Much respect to you for being a teacher.

I know I could be a handful when I was younger and in school.

You sir, are to be commended!

To have kids, any kids, actually learn, and have fun at the same time is no easy feet.

Up until January of this year, I was a TA in a VOTEC auto class. I know how hard it can be.
I miss the kids so much. I think they taught me, as much as I taught them. It never really felt like a job.

Again, Congrats and thank you for "getting it", some Teachers never do.

That's awesome!  I'm currently going to school to become a teacher, and among all the "standards" BS that gets harped on all the time, it's great to see something like this.  Congratulations and good luck with the new gig!