• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going to Miami

ThankYouForNotSmoking

Self-Proclaimed Everyman's Man
Hey Guys & Gals,

I'm going to Miami next Thursday (the 29th) to visit my sister for her birthday, which is on the first. I'm going to be stay in Miami Beach on Euclid Ave, anyone know of any good, friendly cigar stores around that area?

And what other must place visits for good cigar/Cuban/Miami things should I do? I'm planning a visit to Versailles and to the Latin American Cafeteria per the recommendation of the Three Guys in Miami website, but where would one go for unbeatable paella?

Hey Guys & Gals,

I'm going to Miami next Thursday (the 29th) to visit my sister for her birthday, which is on the first. I'm going to be stay in Miami Beach on Euclid Ave, anyone know of any good, friendly cigar stores around that area?

And what other must place visits for good cigar/Cuban/Miami things should I do? I'm planning a visit to Versailles and to the Latin American Cafeteria per the recommendation of the Three Guys in Miami website, but where would one go for unbeatable paella?

The best store on the beach is Tropcial Cigars on Lincoln Road. Great food, great live music/salsa, decent humidor as well, split in two (on two sides). Last time I was there they had some amazing selection of Hemingway Maduros. There's a few other cigar stores around, but they are all the same owner and I actually forget the name of them (I don't go to them). Largely touristy, overpriced and very small humidor. At the very end of Lincoln Road however, near Washington, there is a Davidoff sponsored store that is pretty nice, but is owned by the same owner as the above-mentioned ones (that I said I don't hit)...but, it's nice and if you just want to walk Lincoln Road and go in, then knock yourself out...it's at least worth a pop-in.

Otherwise, if you get off the beach, head to Coral Gables and go to Sabor Havana on Ponce. There's a few others in the Gables that are very good too, run by great guys...Havana Smokers, Havana Way, etc. Also Brickell Key has a great shop that's been there for years.

Places to visit in Miami have been discussed on here before...do a search and I'm sure you'll come across it. But, you have to leave the beach and hit Habana Pequena & Calle Ocho. Hit Pepin's place, then you can also go to the beautiful Padron place, Puros Indios, etc.

Versailles is definitely the place to hit. Latin America Cafe is really a chain-type place (they are all over). It's good, but not great. I'll stress though...it's good. Rather, Versailles is very good as is La Carretta. Actually, if you go to Versailles on Calle Ocho (and 35th), Macabi/Sosa's is right next door to it.

Sergio's is better than Latin American Cafe in my opinon, and there are quite a few of those too (one in Coral Gables off Coral Way and, roughly, 27th). Beyond that, there are an infinite amount of little hole in the wall bodegas and cafes that are excellent. You also can go beyond just Cuban food...really excellent Argentinian places, Nicaraguan (Modrono's in Sweetwater), etc. Paella is not exactly a Cuban dish per se, so you won't find rampant necessarily. You'll be better served by going for empanizados, ropa viejas, arroz con pollo, arroz con gris, palomilla, lechon...and, if you want to go to some other off the beaten path spots, you can get some amazng lecon con papas...Isla Canarias has a great version of it, as does Casa Paco in West Miami. Casa Paco might have some damn good paella...I just never go there for that.

There's really soooo much to do and so many places to hit, it's unreal. And food...wow, that all depends on what you're after. If you want more than Cuban food, there's so many damn fine restaurants, both on the beach and off. Joe Allen's is legendary on the beach, in a small house that you'll miss if you don't know where it is (it's over on Purdy). Great food too. Tulula's on the beach is also absolutely outstanding.

Also, if you get to the West Miami area...Palacio de Jugos on Flagler and 57th is amazing. Good food too.

Enjoy your time here brother and, when you get down, shoot me a PM and, if I'm around, we can hook up for a mini-HERF and I can give you a little tour. There's a million things I've left out, I'm sure, but there's really way too much to do and see here. A good thing actually. There's a great deal going on right now...spring breakers and the Winter Music Conference too, so it's a packed time here. Weather has been gorgeous though, so you'll love it.

Looks like You are going to have some fun Peter :thumbs:

PM me also when your down here and if Im not working we can all get together!

Hey Guys & Gals,

The best store on the beach is Tropcial Cigars on Lincoln Road. Great food, great live music/salsa, decent humidor as well, split in two (on two sides). Last time I was there they had some amazing selection of Hemingway Maduros. There's a few other cigar stores around, but they are all the same owner and I actually forget the name of them (I don't go to them). Largely touristy, overpriced and very small humidor. At the very end of Lincoln Road however, near Washington, there is a Davidoff sponsored store that is pretty nice, but is owned by the same owner as the above-mentioned ones (that I said I don't hit)...but, it's nice and if you just want to walk Lincoln Road and go in, then knock yourself out...it's at least worth a pop-in.

Otherwise, if you get off the beach, head to Coral Gables and go to Sabor Havana on Ponce. There's a few others in the Gables that are very good too, run by great guys...Havana Smokers, Havana Way, etc. Also Brickell Key has a great shop that's been there for years.

Places to visit in Miami have been discussed on here before...do a search and I'm sure you'll come across it. But, you have to leave the beach and hit Habana Pequena & Calle Ocho. Hit Pepin's place, then you can also go to the beautiful Padron place, Puros Indios, etc.

Versailles is definitely the place to hit. Latin America Cafe is really a chain-type place (they are all over). It's good, but not great. I'll stress though...it's good. Rather, Versailles is very good as is La Carretta. Actually, if you go to Versailles on Calle Ocho (and 35th), Macabi/Sosa's is right next door to it.

Sergio's is better than Latin American Cafe in my opinon, and there are quite a few of those too (one in Coral Gables off Coral Way and, roughly, 27th). Beyond that, there are an infinite amount of little hole in the wall bodegas and cafes that are excellent. You also can go beyond just Cuban food...really excellent Argentinian places, Nicaraguan (Modrono's in Sweetwater), etc. Paella is not exactly a Cuban dish per se, so you won't find rampant necessarily. You'll be better served by going for empanizados, ropa viejas, arroz con pollo, arroz con gris, palomilla, lechon...and, if you want to go to some other off the beaten path spots, you can get some amazng lecon con papas...Isla Canarias has a great version of it, as does Casa Paco in West Miami. Casa Paco might have some damn good paella...I just never go there for that.

There's really soooo much to do and so many places to hit, it's unreal. And food...wow, that all depends on what you're after. If you want more than Cuban food, there's so many damn fine restaurants, both on the beach and off. Joe Allen's is legendary on the beach, in a small house that you'll miss if you don't know where it is (it's over on Purdy). Great food too. Tulula's on the beach is also absolutely outstanding.

Also, if you get to the West Miami area...Palacio de Jugos on Flagler and 57th is amazing. Good food too.

Enjoy your time here brother and, when you get down, shoot me a PM and, if I'm around, we can hook up for a mini-HERF and I can give you a little tour. There's a million things I've left out, I'm sure, but there's really way too much to do and see here. A good thing actually. There's a great deal going on right now...spring breakers and the Winter Music Conference too, so it's a packed time here. Weather has been gorgeous though, so you'll love it.

Now thats an insiders guide to Miami!

Peter-

Enjoy your time in Miami! Be sure to take some pics to make us all jealous! :laugh:

Hey Guys & Gals,

Now thats an insiders guide to Miami!

Yeh, no joke - an insider's guide.

I'll see what my sister wants to get up to, officially, I'm coming down for her birthday, so I don't know how much time I'll have of my own to smoke cigars, but I'll PM you when something comes up!