• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going to the "Queen: show tonight.

Great King Rat

I am driving up tonight from San Diego to catch the Queen show at Hollywood Bowl.

Any Queen fans here, I love their first 3 albums. After those early albums they became too dramatic for me.

Any good cigar shops in Hollywood area? I am looking for a place where I can sit down and watch football games tomorrow. Cigar caddie is loaded with isoms.

Wasn't Freddy Mercury trained in opera or something? I didn't know they still performed without him.
Enjoy! :D

Yes Freddy was trained in opera. That is why he was so good.

Paul Rodegrs is their new front man. He sang for Free, Bad Company, and the Firm with Jimmi Page.

They are only doing 2 shows in the states. One in New York and one in LA.

Queen is not Queen without Freddy Mercury. That guys vocal range was unbelievable. You want to hear a voice cover the octives listen to him sing "My Melancholy Blues". RIP Freddy!

I ranked Queen up there with Yes, Led Zepplin, Tull, and Pink Floyd. Definently masters.

I agree 100% in what you said All.

However, Freddy liked and respected Paul Rodgers as a vocalist. That is why Brian May asked him to be the front man.

Hopefully, it will be a good show. I know Freddy will be watching too.

The only cigar shop I am familiar with in Hollywood is this little one on Sunset Blvd, called the Cuban Seed Cigar Co., it says "Cuban Made Cigars" on the window (very large). The address is 8851 1/2 W. Sunset Blvd. Very close to the corner of La Cienega. The building it's in (it's a storefront) is painted yellow. You can see it from the street and the guys that owns it is pretty cool. If you can find it...stop in a sample one of his "Cuban Blends". They are actually pretty damn good.

Hope this helps.

-Fetter

I agree with you on that! Queen kicked ass within the first 3 to 4 years. Too much Vaudeville after that. Though Under Pressure was a great song too!

Hey, how much of a fan are you? Do you collect concerts and DVDs? I have some vintage Queen that would smoke your pants off. PM me and let me know you address and if you are interested. I can send you a bomb you won't forget! :cool:

Have fun at the show!

Darren

Great King Rat said:
I am driving up tonight from San Diego to catch the Queen show at Hollywood Bowl.

Any Queen fans here, I love their first 3 albums. After those early albums they became too dramatic for me.

Any good cigar shops in Hollywood area? I am looking for a place where I can sit down and watch football games tomorrow. Cigar caddie is loaded with isoms.
[snapback]240647[/snapback]​

Darren, thanks for the offer. PM Sent.

I grew up on Queen. Hint, Great King Rat.

Quick review of the show. It was a great Classic Rock show. “Tie your mother down” was the opener.

Paul Roger did an Ok job on the Queen songs. However, he was great on Free, and Bad Company songs.

Roger Taylor was the best singer of the night.

Also, Slash made an appearance on one of the songs. I cannot remember which song though. :laugh:

Overall, I was happy to see Brian May and Roger Taylor. Through out the show there was footage of Freddy on jumbo screens and on few songs the jumbo screen was used to simulate him being there in person singing. Very nicely done. It gave me Goosebumps.