• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good Article in Cigar Aficionado

That article is almost twelve years old. The laws have changed since then and it's not called "Customs" anymore. This now falls under the Department of Homeland Security.

I also disagree that it's a "good" article, it's really kind of silly and not very objective. Notice how he doesn't use any REAL names. My guess is that he made most of it up. It reads more like a cheap romance novel than a real story about the TWEA.

Especially the part about the toymaker guy seems especially silly, the risk you run trying to bribe any US official is huge, it's much better to simply let those cigars go.

That said, it does seem ridiculous that they'd be policing for cigars in a post-9/11 situation, shouldn't they be looking for bombs or something like that? Or, are we at a constant 'Elevated'/'Yellow' terror warning because of the illegal Cuban cigars coming in through our nation's entrance points?

Especially the part about the toymaker guy seems especially silly, the risk you run trying to bribe any US official is huge, it's much better to simply let those cigars go.

That said, it does seem ridiculous that they'd be policing for cigars in a post-9/11 situation, shouldn't they be looking for bombs or something like that? Or, are we at a constant 'Elevated'/'Yellow' terror warning because of the illegal Cuban cigars coming in through our nation's entrance points?

Hey, if the illegal immigrants are gonna get amnesty, I hope the illegal "immigrant" Cuban cigars will too. :)

I already applied in the name of my dear friends Mr. Partagas, Senior Romeo, and his friend Senorita Julietta, as well as Mr. Cohiba and His Lovely wife Montecristo, with their house men Sanchpo Panza, and Lois Rey...
I think they will make excellent guest workers.

From someone who wasn't even alive for the Red Scare, it seems like an outdated law kept alive by the few remaining Kennedy family members. Cuba may be a communist country, but they are hardly an enemy with any real power. Honestly, what possible harm could come from supporting the Cuban economy? Maybe, just maybe Cubans want a free economy. Or if they don't, more money goes into Castro's pocket, and i dont see why he would bitch about that. The fact that they have more dogs at airports sniffing for cigars than cocaine is ludicrous. How about we get all those Customs officials out of MIA and place them on the borders to guard where the true illegals come in? My apologies if this is a harsh post, but things like this i just do not get.

-Zach