• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good Beer: Heffeweizer

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if I spelled it correctly. It's a German beer, called Heffeweizer. It's a lighter bodied beer, with nice subtle flavor. It's traditionally drank with a slice of lemon.

Don't jump all over me because I put lemon in THIS beer. It brings out more flavor, and besides, it's traditional!  :D

Overall, good beer.

Actually it is spelled Heffeweizen...It is a "blond wheat style" of beer. Often it is bottled conditioned with yeast still in the bottle. Traditionally served in a tall glass the was a wide mouth. Poured so it has a faily thick head. Most often garnished with lemon or orange wedge. Usually a light flavored beer that it a little "meatier" than a true pilsner. Best brands to try are Paulaner, Erdinger, and Tucher.

Emo

We have a couple real good local micros that brew a style similiar to Heffeweizen:

Kalamazoo Brewing Co.(aka- BELL'S) OBERON
New Holland Brewing Co. Zoomer Wit

They're so good, I don't think I've even drank a German wheat in a quite a few years. :thumbs:

Thanks for the clarification emo.

We have quite a few micro breweries in California. There is a California micro brew festival this weekend at the Santa Anita Race Track. I usually go to them, so I will probably go this Saturday. I can watch some races too. :D

I've been to this festival several times. They have some good stuff. Some of the beer's don't appeal to me. I remember one tasted exactly like Orange Crush. Wouldn't doubt if it was! :D

hacker-pschorr weisse isn't bad either.  then again most weisse biers are good, i think.  <howdy!>

You weren't kidding about this beer having alot of yeast in it. It's unfiltered, and I took a good look at it after I poured it, sure is cloudy. :D

well whatever you do, don't shake any of those up, rod.  they get really foamy before you put the lemon in!  hehe

oh, and pour it slowly into a (large) pilsner glass, try not to stir up the yeast, leave the intact layer on the bottom of the bottle if you can, and add the lemon to the glass before you pour if you want to cut down the amount of head ya get. (now who would want to do THAT?)

d

LOL

I did it correctly DJM. :)

MMMmmm it was good...